[Plugin] Studio Essentials

Roblox Studio welds surfaces together by default, creating physical connections between them. The plugin respects and preserves such welds.
You can deactivate this behaviour in the Model tab (“Join Surfaces”).

EDIT: The surface join, point rotate and mirror tools will now remove welds between parts within and outside of selection. You can update the plugin in your plugin manager.
Thank you for your feedback.

2 Likes

Alright thank you it worked. It’s a great plugin.

1 Like

this is epic. although i’d have to agree with others, the theme editor at first glance looks really confusing.

edit: after looking at it for a minute, it’s actually super straightforward and functional. I think just the way the information is displayed (especially cropped in the video like that) gives the impression that it’s very cluttered, since there’s a lot of different colors and text in a very condensed area.

4 Likes

Things appear to be jumbled up, and don’t match the context menu that’s included with the plugin. I would add padding to the elements and possibly make them round.

Other than that, it’s fine.

Awesome! I love this!

I have a question about this:

That’s something like creating meshes?
If not, then it’s possible to create a tool to create meshes with parts/triangles? That might help me alot!

You can’t exactly create mesh parts or mesh files but yes triangle modeling is included.

1 Like

It looks like it will come in handle with new developers learning to build.

1 Like

I cannot get the tools to work, I was wondering what is the default hotkey?

There is no default hotkey. If you do not assign any, you’ll have to use the button in the plugin tab.

How can I assign hotkeys?

File > Advanced > Customize Shortcuts

Hey there.

I love this plugin but it just stopped working for me. The interface wont load up at all… Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no luck. Doubt it is my studio as all my other plugins work and it doesn’t matter the place I am working on. Please help here?

Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. This issue is caused internally by Roblox.

While there’s been a problem with PluginMenus for a year now, it appears PluginMenus just stopped working at all.

For the time being, I have implemented a custom menu to replace the PluginMenu.

1 Like

Fully understood,
Thanks for looking into it :slight_smile:

I really hate Roblox’s lackluster support for Plugins and plugin documentation.

As someone who works on an inside project to make studio better, (I cant say much about it), the missing documentation is a real issue.

• They have addressed the issues with GetPath’s documentation, refusing to document it
  • DockWidgets and QWidgets (roblox’s internal version) have too many restrictions to make them completely useful
  • PluginMenus (now) are completely broken
  • There are too many plugin functions that are locked behind RobloxScriptSecurity, including but not limited to: plugin:PlaySound/plugin:PauseSound/plugin:StopAllSounds, PlayLocalSound is heavily restrictive.
2 Likes

Hey, for some reason it is not opening even though I redownloaded it. (edit, just saw the reply above.)

Finally, a plugin that can actually mirror models perfectly. Thank you for plugin!

2 Likes

I need help with the mirror. I don’t have full knowledge of using the mirror tool that this plugin features. Can anyone help me out please?

i know this is an old post but WOW JUST WOW
this plugin rocks

2 Likes

With the mirror model feature, please implement motor6D and weld handling. That’s the only major problem I have with the plugin so far. I was disappointed that I had to re-rig the otherside of the model because the rigs were reset.
Additionally, change it that the pivot point of the models inside are mirrored as well