Plugins not installing

Thanks a lot! I’ve been looking in some plugins’ comment sections, and they’re saying “This won’t install” and I keep having to tell them “It’s on ROBLOX’s end, not yours”.

2 Likes

Toolbox is also broken, I can’t see my plugins!

3 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 1 hour unless flagged)

I am now having this issue and additionally I can’t view my owned plugins in the Toolbox. For at least the plugin I’m currently trying to install, this makes it impossible to find and install without going the manual route of downloading the model and putting it my plugins folder.

1. Either Roblox Studio failed to load them in (Sometimes does happen, but it can be fixed by restarting Studio)

2. It’s because this plug-in is outdated - Last time it was updated, it was 2015! There would probably be some incompatibility with the recent versions of Roblox Studio.

I bet 1. is the more common reason for plug-ins not appearing. When I installed Moon Animator, boom, already there. Same with a single modeling tool I installed but didn’t bother to use. So it was either caused by running Studio offline or simply loading failure.

Can confirm, I tried installing a welding plugin yesterday and it wasn’t installing. Best workaround is installing from the Studio Toolbox or using the download button on the catalog page if you have the BTRoblox extension for Chrome and saving into %LocalAppData%\Roblox\Plugins (you may have to open Studio > open game > Plugins > Plugin Folder first if the folder doesn’t exist).

Studio version: Unknown
Processor: Intel Core i5-9300H
Browser: Microsoft Edge

2 Likes

I tried the BTRoblox method, I can vouch it works. Hopefully this annoying bug gets fixed soon, thanks!

I have been having the exact same problem, plugins just won’t install. Its really annoying and I hope Roblox staff fixes it soon!

(To add to this the plugin can not be seen in the toolbox as it is a small plugin)

1 Like

I found a temporary fix, once you click the install button on the website it makes you “own” the plugin. So now just go to your tool box then “My Plugins” and the plugin should be there ready to be installed.

1 Like

Bug is still happening… it’s really annoying to deal with this, please fix ASAP.

I’d suggest being patient, patience is almost always key when we’re challenged with problems such as these.

Yeah better to stay patient. Hopefully the fix the problem soon.

I’m also having this issue face me? I’m attempting to install Rojo 7 via the plugins page, and it will not install for the life of me. The problem? Rojo does not appear on Studio’s plugin page.

Trust me, this is a huge issue. Many people not being able to install plugins is a big deal.

Thanks for the reports, everybody! We’ve identified the root cause of this, and are investigating a fix.

6 Likes

Yes I actually just noticed this the other day it is annoying. I found the way to install it for now is just to open the Plugins folder and drag it in there it should work for you then

Wanting to know if there has been any update to this fix, I am having the same issue and I do not have a “My Plugins” folder in my toolbox. Thank you!

Yeah, I am getting this too. Which most certainly is annoying as I am tryna get something for my game development. :frowning:

On as of second june its not fixed.

I can now add plugins to studio through the “My Plugins” section on the toolbox!

A patch has been released to fix installing plugins from the website. Please let us know if you continue to see any issues with that workflow. Thanks.

5 Likes