Plum's minimap - Rotating map, bordersnapping blips and more!

The image will not be able to be scaled that much. You have to scale your map with the size setting.

["size"] = Vector2.new(5000,5000); --The size of the map in studs.

You can get the needed size from the RoRender plugin where you rendered your minimap.

Sorry, I should have pasted the whole code. I did the tutorial as accurately as I could.

local Settings = 
	{
		["Tags"] = { --This is where the tags are put. The tagged thing will be displayed on the minimap with the desired settings. You can use a plugin like Tag Editor to give parts tags.

};

["Gui"] = { --This is all the settings for the Guis. (This is more advanced! Please don't touch if you're not experienced!)
			["mapSize"] = UDim2.new(.25,0,.25,0); --This is the size of the map.
			["borderSize"] = 3; --This is the size of the border surrounding the map.
			["anchorPoint"] = Vector2.new(1,1); --This is the anchorpoint for the map gui.
			["mapPosition"] = UDim2.new(1,-5,1,-5); --This is the position of the map. "anchorPoint" will have an effect on the position.

--This is the colors of the things
			["mapColor"] = Color3.fromRGB(103, 161, 255); --This is the color, if some parts of the map are transparent / you're at the edge of the map.
			["borderColor"] = Color3.fromRGB(51,51,51); --The color of the border sorrounding the map.

--This is the transparency of the gui elements
			["mapTransparency"] = .5; --This is the backgroundtransparency of the map.
			["borderTransparency"] = 0; --This is the backgroundtransparency of the border.

--This is the rounded corners of the gui things
			["mapCornerRoundness"] = UDim.new(0, 5); --This is the roundness of the map gui.
			["borderCornerRoundness"] = UDim.new(0, 5); --This is the roundness of the border sorrounding the map gui. (I recommend keeping it the same as the roundness of the map gui).

["blipColor"] = Color3.fromRGB(255,255,255); --This is the backgroundcolor for the blips
			["blipTransparency"] = .5; --This is the background transparency for the blips.
			["blipBorderSizePixel"] = 2; --This is the bordersize for the blips.
			["blipBorderColor"] = Color3.fromRGB(0,0,0); --This is the color for the blip's border.

["playerSize"] = UDim2.new(0,25,0,25); --This is the size of the player that is in the center of the map. Default is 25x25 pixels.
			["playerIcon"] = 5483943698; --This is the textureid for the player displayed in the center of the map.

["toolTipHeight"] = 15;
			["toolTipColor"] = Color3.fromRGB(30, 30, 30);
			["toolTipBorderColor"] = Color3.fromRGB(0, 0, 0);
			["toolTipTransparency"] = .5;
			["toolTipBorderSize"] = 2;
			["toolTipTextColor"] = Color3.fromRGB(255, 255, 255);
		};

["Map"] = {
			["mapId"] = 6313124211; --The textureid for the map. -- 10337275837
			["size"] = Vector2.new(504,504); --The size of the map in studs.
			["mapCenter"] = Vector3.new(96,53,64)
		};

["Technical"] = { --This is some technical settings.
			["onePixel"] = .75; --This is what one pixel is in studs.
			["maxBlipDistance"] = 1000; --This is how far away the blips can be from the character before disappearing from the map (In studs). Default is 500.
			["rotation"] = true; --This controlls of the map is rotating with the camera. Set it to false to make it stop rotating with the camera.
			["Visible"] = true; --This is for when you want to have your minimap hidden when the player initially joins. You will have to toggle the minimap with scripts if this is set to false.
			["mapRotation"] = -180; --The amount of degrees the map has to be rotated for it to be correct.
		};
	}

return Settings

(I removed the blips because I did not need them)

You have to use another id for your decal: 10337275828 <— Use that instead

This should fix your problem.

Oops, I forgot to change it back. I was testing it to make sure that it was just a problem with the ID, and forgot to switch it back… I will send a video of what happens

This is a screenshot of what happened, the minimap is in the bottom right. The player’s icon turns perfectly fine, but it’s just an endless sea of blue… I thought it was that I put in the wrong center position, but I checked and it was correct.
CenterPosRoRender

The id I gave you is not the same as you used previously.

Oops, i didn’t realize that lol, thanks so much.

I am also having this problem.
[“Map”] = {
[“mapId”] = 10551189971; --The textureid for the map.
[“size”] = Vector2.new(47,109,525.4327104); --The size of the map in studs.
[“mapCenter”] = Vector3.new(2334.17, 157.777, -135.191)
};
unknown

Is there a way to implement a dragging system to move around the internal map (not the frame)?

Also, I’m having a bug with blips. This behavior happens when I try to add a blip:

https://gyazo.com/c918386a7f1bee6367ae2286c5ce537a

however, I did modify some code to insert a tag in the Settings.Tags table so I wouldn’t have 1000 entered blips for my different uses.

It looks like you are tweening the UI yourself. The minimap does not support this. Please use the built in sizing function to size correctly.

There is no support from dragging around the map.

You should insert the decal in studio using the toolbox, and use the given texture id from that.

That and it was because I removed a bit of the ratio line. Here’s what it looks like now!

https://gyazo.com/11d0c62ba73b78733d2ff03268ac75f1

https://gyazo.com/0b6a08742ee1ca2b8ee37841043b4887

1 Like

I did what was told, however, the problem is still occuring.

Use the textureid 10551189888 to make your map show. (You are not using the right id)

You also have to make sure your size is correct. A vector2 only takes in two values. You have inserted 3 values :slight_smile: Maybe also doublecheck your render. It seems something is wrong, because there’s a big white rectangle on the left side of your uploaded image.

I have replaced the textureid to make my map show however I am still having the same problem. What would the correct two values be for the vector2? I have also rendered my map again without the large white rectangle on my uploaded image under the ID 10552499901.

You would have to read what the vector 2 should be from your render in the rorender plugin.

Is there a way to change the size of the minimap? My minimap has 2 studs per pixel and it’s showing up super small.

I added a Draggable script into the ViewportFrame, but it doesn’t drag. Do you think this is because of the Minimap scripts? I’m trying to get the ViewportFrame to move, with the parent Frame having ClipsDescendants on.