Plum's minimap - Rotating map, bordersnapping blips and more!

Or actually, how would I go about making it draggable?

The minimap was never designed to be dragged. I would use the position method from the api. You would have to edit some of the scripts. I can’t help you with this sadly.

Any way for me to view the map UI and put it in a specific place so I can accurately size and position it @ReelPlum ?

I have no tooling which will let you view the minimap while designing. Try making a frame in a screengui, and size with that.

right also, any ideas in making my rendered map quality better? It is a bit blurry

No way of making maps better quality as of now. I will maybe work on a fix :relaxed:

Hey there, I’m having a hard time understanding your instructions.

(Note your values will not be the same values as shown below. Only the names will be the same)
image Pixel Size X, and Pixel Size Z/Y can be different from eachother. Write both of them down!
and
and
So in this case the mapsize is would be: 100/0.5 = 200 This is because the pixel per stud is 0.5 and the pixel size is 100

So does this mean you’re taking both stud sizes and adding them together, THEN diving them by 0.5? Just some clarification thanks.

You have to calculate for both sizes. In this case the pixelsize was the same, but they could be different in your render.

So for example Pixel Size X could be 100 and Pixel Size Y could be 125.
Then you would calculate the X size for mapsize, which would be 100/0.5
And the Y size for mapsize would be 125/0.5

Is there a way to make the map bigger? Currently, the entire map shows, but I only want the player to see the parts closest to them. i have already tried increasing the map size by *2 and decreasing the pixels/stud by 50%.

Ended up figuring out my image size was too large, so it doesn’t support it. Thanks!

what did you write to parent it to another gui?

You can choose your own parent of the minimap in the MinimapController localscript. On line 28 it will say

local Handle = Roact.mount(ui,plr:WaitForChild("PlayerGui"))
plr:WaitForChild("PlayerGui") should then be changed to whatever location you would like the minimap to be parented to.

It’s a bit hacky, but I have not implemented any other way currently.

You could also just change the design of the UI in the settings, to look the way you would like.

How can I go about adding live player icons? I’ve added some sort of system, however StreamingEnabled seems to mess it up.

I have a question. I have multiple maps that I would like to use, they all rotate in and out based on what the server picks, however they all spawn in the same spot (terrain maps, positioned in terrain.MaxExtents.Min). would this work with the system? and how would I alter the map image id?

You can use the :ChangeMap() function in the module script to change the map during runtime.

1 Like

You could stream the player positions from the server to the client. This way streaming enabled has no effect on the positions shown on the map.

ah i get it now. thank you for the help!

Does this work with RoRender V3?

Used RoRender V2 and this is what I got for map size.

Pixel SizeX: 8612
Pixel SizeZ/Y: 5206
Pixels/Stud: 0.5

How would I format this?

You would have to choose a lower pixel / stud value. The minimum you would be able to get on your rendering is a pixel/stud of 0.06
This may be fixed in a future version of Plums minimap!