Polish automatic translation incorrectly translates words to inappropriate words/swear words

I have automatic translation for Polish turned on for my game Feather Family. The automatic translation for the word “Nightjar”, which is a species of bird, gets automatically translated to “Pieprzenie” in Polish, which means “Fuck”. I am not a Polish speaker and it was in the game until a concerned player let me know about it. I quickly changed the translation to the correct Polish word for Nightjar, which is “Lelek”. I am unsure if there are other words that have been translated inappropriately.

Expected behavior

I expect the automatic translation to correctly translate the word, and if the automatic translator doesn’t recognize a certain word, to not translate it to a very inappropriate word.

Page URL: https://www.roblox.com/games/1365404657

3 Likes

I have discovered another error, this time in the automatic Thai translation:

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We filed a ticket to our internal database!

2 Likes

Hey @ShinyGriffin!

Thanks for your report! We don’t seem to be able to reproduce these issues anymore. It’s likely that since we’ve been continuously training our model, it has generated new translations for these words. (We recognize that these translations are still not totally accurate, and we’ll make sure to incorporate your feedback into future model training.)

Given that we’re not seeing issues with inappropriate translations anymore, I’m going to go ahead and close out this ticket. But please continue to report any similar problems you encounter - it really does help us improve Roblox Translate. Thanks again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.