Pop Ups | Easily Customizable Monetization

Looking to monetize your experience in an original but still effective way? Pop Ups are a great way to monetize your experience! Best of all, ITS COMPLETELY FREE :slight_smile:

If you like it and would like to donate though, donations are really appreciated. You can donate here: (I haven’t made a donation place yet :confused: )

Disclaimer
  1. I am NOT a scripter, I do love experimenting though so I thought I would try to script something fun and useful.
  2. I didn’t test this a lot, it may be buggy. If you do experience a bug feel free to leave a comment and I will do my best to respond.
  3. Some parts of this module may not be scripted in the best way possible, if you would like to leave suggestions on how I can do better next time I would appreciate the constructive criticism.
  4. YOU MUST KNOW UI OR SOMETHING TO USE THIS, IT DOES NOT MAKE POP UPS FOR YOU, IT IS AN EASY WAY TO CONTROL THEM IN GAME. Also, it is necessary to use scale when making the UI elements or else this module will not work.

This is my second module ever and was made in less than 10 hours.
Get the module: https://create.roblox.com/store/asset/16703738054

How to use
  1. Get the module
  2. Look below at tutorials, beginner tutorial for those who don’t know scripting and advanced if you want to take this module to the next level :slight_smile:
  3. If you ever run into a problem/bug just comment below and I would be happy to help whenever I’m available.
Beginner Tutorial

Beginner Tutorial:

1. Get the module
  2. Insert it into your game using the toolbox
  3. Place it into the StarterGui
  4. Optional: You can delete the existing UI if you dislike it/have your own.
  5. Inside of the script there will be a “PopUps” screenGUI, this has multiple folders. Placing UI inside each one will work differently. These folders are pretty self explainitory, but in case you need more of an explaination here it is. DeathPopUps will show ALL pop ups inside of it whenever someones character loads (joining/respawning), EventPopUps will be located in the advanced tutorial, and IncrementalPopUps will show the pop ups located inside of it 1 at a time every set increment of time (this can be set by clicking on the main script and scrolling down to attributes).
  6. If you have any issues, report them below and I will do my best to respond.
Advanced Tutorial

Advanced Tutorial:

1. **This will not cover how to install this module, please refer to the beginner tutorial for how to do that. This will however tell you how to use the EventPopUps section to show specific Pop Ups whenever you want to.
  2. Inside of EventPopUps there is a script which is named TUTORIAL, this can help you if you need help.
  3. Create a remote event inside of Replicated Storage (or use an existing one)
  4. Go into the script labeled “EventsHandler” inside EventPopUps
  5. Add your event(s) into the table, there is an example already, MAKE SURE TO DELETE IT IF YOU ARE ADDING ONE YOURSELF!!!
  6. If you added multiple events, make sure there are folders for every event you have added. Make sure they are named “Event#” but change # to the number of the corresponding event inside of the events table.
  7. Fire your event, it should show all the Pop Ups that are placed inside of the corresponding folder.
  8. See example video for a full walk through.
Example Video

Tutorial Full Video

FULL VIDEO COMING SOON (it was too big for me to upload so ill upload it tomorrow)

Thanks again for using my module, any feedback is greatly appreciated. If you have a suggestion for my next free module I would love to hear them!

2 Likes

Well thanks for the nice complement (not). Please keep your negative comments out from other peoples work. If you don’t like what I’ve made, don’t use it. But don’t post negative comments for no reason it isn’t helping anyone.

Please show a video of your resource, it’s impossible to fully judge without that.

@bluebxrrybot there should be a video under Advanced Tutorial, but I will put a more informational video in the main section, thanks for the suggestion!

That was quite hidden! Anyways, I see how it works. Personally, I would not use this. Popups are, as you put it, annoying. How could something annoying be effective? Unless you mean, effective at making them leave the game? Players should only be prompted to buy something if they asked to.

1 Like

@bluebxrrybot, I agree to an extent, players should only be prompted to buy something when they want to. Here is why I think this is an effective strategy though. The events section can be fired whenever you would like simply through a remote event, say you had a new zone that someone unlocked and there was a starter pack to go with it. You could simply put the starter pack gui (like a side prompt) inside of the events folder and then fire it when someone unlocked a new zone.

Also, the reason I made this module was for my friend, he is wanting to put pop ups in his game like Obby but your on a bike so I decided to make a module for him.

I think he is talking about the use of pop ups in games as a monetization strategy, and not your scripting skills or how well made the module is. I do also dislike them and wont put pop ups in my game

2 Likes

Yeah, it looks well made, but I seriously despise any implementation of pop ups in games

2 Likes

…Looks bad.

The popup is so big, players gonna leave. Also, let’s dig in code.

Why you need ModuleScript for TweenService?.. Can’t you just tween it in 1 script?
A handler in popup is HANDLER for close button. Rename it, or put it in close button.

UI:
Green text on green background, so pretty. Also, what’s going on with colors?

They’re not matching.

Total: 5.5/10

@0glzk, thank you for your feedback. The UI that is inside of the module is just a placeholder and is not meant to be used, I made it in 2 minutes. I used a module script for TweenService because I could save time by just calling a module to tween something and having it do all the other work. I could have used a normal script but it probably would have been more challenging.

I personally haven’t tried this, nor will I because I don’t have a use case for it. I haven’t even seen the code.

But the reason I believe they’d be using a module for TweenService is because it turns the repeated lines of TweenService from this:

TweenService:Create(
    object,
    TweenInfo.new(
        Enum.EasingStyle.Linear,
        Enum.EasingDirection.In,
        false,
    ),
    { Position = UDim2.new(blah blah blah) }
)

object,
    TweenInfo.new(
        Enum.EasingStyle.Linear,
        Enum.EasingDirection.In,
        false,
    ),
)

object,
    TweenInfo.new(
        Enum.EasingStyle.Linear,
        Enum.EasingDirection.In,
        false,
    ),
)

to likely just a simple, one line call. Now I could be wrong because I haven’t seen the code. But if done correctly, it is a good idea for optimizing your code.

And if it wasn’t done correctly, then I strongly advise @Im_aLEGOperson456 to optimize their code so it is only a one line call from their module.

1 Like