Popmall – Free Catalog & Avatar Editor

Do saved outfits save across experiences within a universe? I’d love to implement this into my game!

Yes! Outfits save within the game via datastores.

1 Like

It works fine for me but not the saving part. When I rejoin the game I dont keep the clothes I had before I left. Is it something I have to toggle in the module?

4 Likes

Since the last version there is a problem with the outfits backup. It is impossible to deflect down. What makes innacessible the outfits save

Edit : Bug fixed in new version :white_check_mark:

Does this use the new avatar editor service? Or do you manually add every item and they are stored as a database in the project?

We released an update to the catalog that includes UI improvements, new icons (!), and a variety of bug fixes. We’ve also refactored the catalog to use Fusion, which should make it easier for us to release new features more quickly.

1 Like

It uses the avatar api. We don’t manually add items :slight_smile:

1 Like

So it has every item on the catalog? Amazing.

3 Likes

Y’all don’t mind if I proceed to tear all the code apart and rewrite things to not use HTTP requests right? Also going to reorganize the framework to suit my tastes :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s right. Contains every item!

We don’t really support this, it’s against our ToS. If you have feature requests, let us know and we’ll be sure to incorporate.

Great job! Just a few things I’d like to see:

• More ways to sort items
  • Categories in inventory
  • Searching in individual categories
  • Community avatars
  • A feature that uses the game’s sale data to bump items that are performing well/sorting for items trending in the game

Besides all of that, great job!

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestions.

What other sorts do you want?

Pretty much all of the default sorts.

• Sort by creator
  • Sort items with premium discounts
  • Maybe add a price range system
  • Hide unavailable items

Also, relevant might need to be a little more relevant. Not sure what you use to determine how relevant items are, but I don’t think these would be the best items to display for the face category.

Maybe you could sort items like roblox too, for example:

Characters, Clothing, Accessories, Head & Body, and Animations. (Maybe one called Extra for all of your fun categories.)
Inside those would be the individual subcategories to make the avatar editor more organized, for example:
Accessories would have head, face, shoulders, neck, etc.
Head & Body would have style, skin tone, hair, body parts, etc.

Also, please organize the inventory :pray:

maybe I’m asking for too much since this is open sourced, it’s already amazing as it is!

1 Like

We’ll explore these ideas! Thank you!

2 Likes

Bro, that’s genius!!! :exploding_head: :astonished:

When did you get that idea?!?

Hmm, is it possible to modify this to put restrictions?

Say I wanted them to only be able to use Certain items, ones that are themed around the theme of my game, is there a way to do this?

After updating to the latest version (v34), I experience a degraded performance when opening the catalog. My fps is reduced and inspecting the microprofiler reveals that each frame can take over 3 times as long to render. The performance hit appears to happen just as the outfits load, and persists after closing the catalog:

I’ve found the level to which the performance is degraded to be inconsistent though, with it sometimes being affected more than others. The video above shows an example of when it is affected badly.

1 Like

Ever since I installed the plug-in. I have been having issues with rendering. Hmm

Thanks for reporting, we’re working on a solution!