Ported CoreGui Player List + Chat Gui -- Custom names, icons, and more

I originally released this back in October, but I’ve recently been inspired to start it up again and fix all the bugs and add more features, so I rolled out an update a few minutes ago. Here’s a post about the features of the model.

[ul]
[li]You can set a custom icon to appear next to your name instead of the regular BC icons[/li]
[li](In this update) You can change the width of your custom icon to make it whatever aspect ratio you want[/li]
[li]You can disable BC Icons[/li]
[li](In this update) You can disable the primary leaderstat (the one that shows under your name at the top)[/li]
[li](In this update) You can have the name of the primary leaderstat show next to it[/li]
[li]You can set your own custom chat colors[/li]
[li](In this update) You can make certain players not appear on the list[/li]
[li]You can set an alias to your name to have your name appear differently[/li]
[li]You can send custom chats with the chat API[/li]
[li]Comes with a shiny gui that shows up when a player tries to use the leaderboard to report or friend someone, telling them that it’s a custom player list[/li]
[/ul]

This is basically a port of the CoreGui PlayerListScript and ChatScripts with lots of added features to improve usability. They look and function the same, except for the lack of reporting and friend requests.

Link to the model: link

To set it up all you need to do is place the CustomPlayerList ScreenGui into your game’s StarterGui. If you don’t want the ChatScript you can simply remove it, but the ChatScript will not work alone. You should set your game to bubble chat only if you’re going to be using the chat script. See the PlayerListScript for its settings.

Each script has an external API that can be used by your game’s scripts to change peoples’ aliases, icons, etc… It should be noted that the changes will only affect the client that you set them on, so you’ll need to coordinate your scripts if you want to set something on every client while your game is running. You can view the API by going into the PlayerListScript and searching for “API DOCS”.

Also, because of the recent discussion about players using this to impersonate admins, I’ve made it so that setting your icon to the R icon is no longer as simple as putting a 1 next to your name. A 1 now gives you a star icon, and anyone who wants an R icon is going to have to find the image id on their own.

Lastly, some pics:

Questions? Comments? Slurs? Post them all here!

EDIT: For those of you who were at least somewhat aware of the old version, you should all be glad to know that I finally fixed the bug related to players being unable to see new players’ chats until they reset their character.

• Added a teams_enabled setting so you can choose to show team labels or not
  • Added PlayerListAPI:SetLabelColors that allows you to set the text and background color of a player’s tag. Of course there’s a table at the top of the script where you can simply add names and colors.
  • Fixed the chat script so it now properly replays the previous few chats when the gui is reloaded.
  • Adjusted icons for optimal alignment

9 Likes

Looks mighty good! Is there any scripts in it that may eat some good amount performance? I’m on my phone so I can’t really look myself.

3 Likes

Really nice work, I would have never had the patience to do that, :P.

2 Likes

Checking the performance completely slipped my mind but it shouldn’t affect your game any more than the real player list does.

1 Like

Checking the performance completely slipped my mind but it shouldn’t affect your game any more than the real player list does.[/quote]

Alright and if I decide to use this, is it alright if I gave credit in-game as in a credit list like at the end of movies?

1 Like

I love these and would definitely use them in my games if I could disable bubble chat :frowning:

1 Like

That update looks BA.

1 Like

Checking the performance completely slipped my mind but it shouldn’t affect your game any more than the real player list does.[/quote]

Alright and if I decide to use this, is it alright if I gave credit in-game as in a credit list like at the end of movies?[/quote]

Totally

As soon as UserInputService works online I’m going to add an update that allows you to choose to use a custom chat bar. It will be identical to the real one but it will allow me to disable the chat coregui so that bubbles won’t appear.

1 Like

-merged with above, sorry for the double post-

1 Like

New update just rolled out.

• Added a teams_enabled setting so you can choose to show team labels or not
  • Added PlayerListAPI:SetLabelColors that allows you to set the text and background color of a player’s tag. Of course there’s a table at the top of the script where you can simply add names and colors.
  • Fixed the chat script so it now properly replays the previous few chats when the gui is reloaded.
  • Adjusted icons for optimal alignment

1 Like

This is really nice, thank you for doing it. Not something I would use though, because I really dislike the roblox coregui. I just make my own everything so that it fits the games graphical style.

But yeah, nice work.

1 Like

It looks great! I may have a use for this in the future :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

1/10 necropost, try harder. (Or don’t)

Didn’t realise how old this was, lol.