Portfolio Creator For Roblox Developers

Prologue

These last few weeks I have been working on the next iteration of my portfolio creation tool, Bloxfolio.

Bloxfolio was a website I developed last year as a response to Roblox phasing out the portfolios category from the Devforum in favor of the Talent Hub. Despite the Talent Hub being arguably better for discovering developers, it is quite restrictive with how you can customise your Creator Page (in comparison to the Portfolio Category). So I set out to create a Talent Hub alternative that has a focus on customisation, creativity, and self-expression.

The tool utilised a drag-and-drop grid where you would drag widgets onto to create your portfolio - similar to dragging widgets onto your phones home-screen.

The website was available for about half a year before I shut it down. I shut it down because I wasn’t happy with the tool - the code was messy, the method i used to save and load users portfolio was naive, and it just generally suffered from scalability issues.

I am now ready to unveil (and get feedback on) the newest iteration of Bloxfolio. This new version has a more professional look (as opposed to the playful and childish look seen in previous iterations of Bloxfolio).

Widget Designs

Below you will find all of the widget designs. You can also see a live demo of them here.

Mock Portfolio Design

Below you will find the mock/concept portfolio. You can also see a live demo of it here.

15 Likes

How do I set up my portfolio on the site???

also great thing, but you used some latin text for placeholder, and the game took me to the page for bloxburg

1 Like

Hey, thanks for your interest in the website. As of currently there is no way for people to create their own portfolio. The portfolio that you have seen is merely a concept/mock up.

4 Likes

I really like the idea, are you working individually? or looking for a team for the project?

1 Like

I am currently working on this by myself and I am not currently looking to add any other developers to this project at the moment.

2 Likes

I have released a new demo/mockup of this: https://www.bloxfol.io/view/1

1 Like

It looks very good! I like the easy-to-use and modern design of the website. I hope it becomes successful!

3 Likes

hmm the link doesnt seem to work and just shows error 404?

oh yea sorry, you should go here instead: https://www.bloxfol.io/view/mightypart

1 Like

Looking good! Is there an estimated time of release? Super excited to use.

estimated release would be between 1 - 2 months.