Portfolio/Showcase

Currently, it is hard for developers to showcase their work in one place unless they use an outside website. However, a possible solution to this is adding a Portfolio Topic or just even a Portfolio on your DevForum profile page. This is a small thing, however I believe this has the potential to help developers have to manage their work in less websites/databases.

Here is how I believe it should be added, the current profile is:
{Display Name}
{Roblox Username}
{Title}
{Roblox Profile}

What I would like to see is:
{Display Name}
{Roblox Username}
{Title}
{Roblox Profile}
{Portfolio Link}

As well as this, the portfolio should be able to be edited from Preferences → Profile, the portfolio section could be added under “Website”

Overall, this is a small thing, however I believe it has the potential to create a huge impact for smaller developers.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Hello there,

Portfolio topic is not necessary due to the existing Talent Hub. While I believe accessibility should be made easier, the Talent Hub would be your go-to to find developers and their work.

2 Likes

Pretty sure there exists a section for additional links…

Currently, Devforum has a separate category for Portfolios #collaboration:portfolios, my suggestion is to change that into what I said above

Yes, Talent Hub is where the main place should be for people to go for hiring, however, I believe this would be a better idea than keeping a separate category for Portfolios

The category was scheduled to be removed once the talent hub released. I’m not sure why it wasn’t removed, but I believe it was just preserve existing portfolios already posted there.

For anything in the future, you should be using the talent hub

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.