Portuguese Translator for Hire!

Hello! Translations for games can bring a new audience in which can bring more players and total concurrent players. It’s a unique idea that most developers nowadays just skim over. On behalf of my partner, Portuguese is a language that my partner would like to look for. My partner is willing to do translations from English to Portuguese. Contact info below.

Payment Info directly from partner info: $0.35 for each word or a total amount for a project.

NOTE: THIS INCLUDES ALL GRAMMAR AND CONTEXT OF SENTENCES!

CONTACT INFO
Discord: @xChaoticKing#1546
Twitter: @xChaoticKing
Roblox: @xChaoticKing
Here is fine as well.

Reply below if you are looking for a translator for this specific language or if you have any questions!

But there are resources out there for free :
$0.50 is a lot for 1 word

5 Likes

Resources are never accurate, especially translations. The context and grammar are never right or what your trying to go for. It’d come off wrong.

1 Like

It’d be really odd to the reader when reading something out of place.

Assume we break “It’d” into “It would”, that sentence would cost $7 to translate. Yikes.
Until there is some competition and we could see other asking prices are this seems like too much.

1 Like

$0.50 per word is way too much, I could ask some followers of my game who would happily do it for free.

That’s pretty neat, but then you’d also need to hire someone for German, Spanish, Japanese, etc. Having just English and Portugese would be weird.

Also half a dollar per word is like…oof. I’d just play a AAA game in Portugese and copy the words from there.

1 Like

From my experience playing Jailbreak, Portuguese may be the second most common language on Roblox (first being English). I would mention pricing, but everyone else has said basically what I would say.

I actually hear a lot of Spanish players in the servers i’m in. Maybe it’s a regional server thing but i’m not educated on that end.

50 cents per word seems ridiculous, also I would never pay per word for translations. Lump sum for an entire project seems more appropriate.

5 Likes

That seems more fair. My business partner would be fine by that.

Say I wanted to translate what you just posted.

BOOM! Almost $60.

As others have stated, 50 cents a word is way too much. Online translators may not be perfect, but I could spend that $60 on ads and attract a lot more players than a paragraph in another language would.

I think it would be more fitting to charge per hour, and the rate would be depending on how good you are. I’m not going to say any numbers since I don’t have any experience in this, but I know that the amount of money you’re expecting shouldn’t be anywhere near 50 cents a word.

Anyways, good luck with that! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, I have edited my post to add a total amount which should be more fitting instead .50 a word

Using google translate and having players report mistranslations as bugs will take a few minutes of time and cost nothing.

1 Like

Roblox will soon be auto translating all UI text to multiple languages.

4 Likes

That would be helpful.

That’s the most messiest way of doing it. That is the worst way to do it. Trial and error is very time consuming. I don’t ever recommend doing that.

Uh how could you copy words when you don’t know what they mean and if they are not in the same context and grammar as you are going for?

You do it once and people voluntarily correct it. Not time consuming whatsoever and it is entirely free. That and Roblox is releasing a thing of its own to do this, which I do not think will cost x Robux per word (but who knows).

All you guys thinking an auto translator will be just as good as a human who speaks the language - srsly?

Of course someone who natively speaks the language is going to be better than a computer.

4 Likes