Position of the Jump Pad Button?

I am looking for the mobile platform’s jump pad position so that I can align buttons relative to the jump button.
Right now I am guessing where it is and it is off by a few pixels. This is why I want the actual position of the jump pad.

5 Likes

You can find the button in PlayerGui,

Use the Emulator and Play Solo to find it.

7 Likes

Bless :pray:

Make sure to try it on different layouts. On the old player scripts, the buttons used to be slightly different in size/position between larger tablet layouts and smaller phone layouts.

1 Like

Like others have said, you can find the Jump button in the PlayerGui when you’re playing.

I’d recommend setting the position and size of the buttons relative to the jump button at runtime, like @buildthomas said; the button has slightly different sizes and positions depending on the device (e.g. the Jump button is larger on mobile than it is on phones) and it’ll be hard to ensure that the buttons aren’t too small / big or too close / far away on all devices.

I wrote some code which I’ll post below & I’ll provide the place file so you can easily test it.

local Player = game.Players.LocalPlayer
local PlayerGui = Player:WaitForChild("PlayerGui")

local JumpButton = PlayerGui:WaitForChild("TouchGui"):WaitForChild("TouchControlFrame"):WaitForChild("JumpButton")
local ScreenGui = PlayerGui:WaitForChild("ScreenGui")
local FrameX = ScreenGui:WaitForChild("FrameX")
local FrameY = ScreenGui:WaitForChild("FrameY")

FrameX.Size = UDim2.new(0, (JumpButton.Size.X.Offset / 4) * 2.5, 0, (JumpButton.Size.Y.Offset / 4) * 2.5) 
FrameX.Position = UDim2.new(0, JumpButton.AbsolutePosition.X - ((JumpButton.AbsoluteSize.X/4) * 2), 0, JumpButton.AbsolutePosition.Y + (JumpButton.AbsoluteSize.Y/2))

FrameY.Size = UDim2.new(0, (JumpButton.Size.X.Offset / 4) * 2.5, 0, (JumpButton.Size.Y.Offset / 4) * 2.5) 
FrameY.Position = UDim2.new(0, JumpButton.AbsolutePosition.X + (JumpButton.AbsoluteSize.X/2), 0, JumpButton.AbsolutePosition.Y - ((JumpButton.AbsoluteSize.Y/4) * 2))

FrameX would be your “Noobs” button and FrameY would be your “Home” button. I size will always be 2.5/4th of the size of the Jump Button.

The images below show it working on a Phone and a Tablet.

I haven’t included a check to make sure that this code only runs on mobile, so when / if you implement it, make sure to check first before running it.

ButtonsRelativeToJumpButton.rbxl (16.2 KB)

12 Likes