Possible backdoor code?

So I bought a product off a Discord Server a few months ago, a weather System. And now I have come to wonder after going through the script, (its a script, one line in the entire script), I came across some disturbing things in the script as you can see in the images below.

The only reason I was going through the script is that exploiters have been able to destroy the game such as using a “c00lkid” script, and spawning “Minecraft” objects onto the map.

1 Like

It does appear to be a Virus of some kind.

1 Like

This is more than certainly a backdoor, especially given how sketchy the situation is. I’d advise removing it from your game as soon as possible. Going forward, make sure you understand the code you’re inserting into your game if it is not something you wrote.

3 Likes

Small Question: Why would you buy a Product off of a Discord Server?

Thank you, I figured it may be some sort of backdoor, but I wanted confirmation from developers.

Only reason why I did is because I couldn’t create a weather system myself and many people has saying this works just fine, but I am assuming they never suspected it was a backdoor.

1 Like

I see, before you do this. Make sure you check about what you are actually getting. And to see if its trusted or not, and confirm that its safe to use.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! I appreciate you helping out man.

Mind if I ask for the script? You can dm it to me. I wanna reverse engineer it.

1 Like

The strings are probably just “trolling” and taunting for anybody who tries to reverse engineer it most obfuscators do that however I wouldn’t say its safe since u can’t really know whats it doing behind the scenes.

1 Like

it gonna send the ip adress and the user to an webhook i think

WHat’s your tag on Discord?? (roblox char limit)

I’d say it was definitely a backdoor, I haven’t had a single exploiter since I removed it.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.