[Possible bug] Weird selection behaviour

I cannot post on Bug Reports, so I’ll just put it here.

I already have tried copying the whole building in another place.
I already have tried publishing it to another place.
I already have tried reinstalling studio.
I already have tried reopening the place.

The building is in a folder, not a model. Each part is unlocked.

Whenever I hover my cursor over a part (no matter if it’s new or old), in some areas I can select objects behind it. If I drag an object, it goes through any part too in some areas. I believe it’s a problem with objects inside folders.

I also have tested it on another game and the same thing happens.

Workspace:

Do you have Collisions box ticked near the top left? Ticking the box allows your parts to collide, regardless if collide property is ticked inside the part or not, it only means they will collide while dragging the parts in studio.

Screen Shot 2022-05-15 at 7.50.20 AM

As for the object selection it relies on how you have things arranged in your hierarchy… if an item is placed deep within folder structure then when you roll over the item, the top level folder will be selected. You can select a specific item by holding Alt when you want to hover over it and it will select it (or changing how you have items structured in your hierarchy).

1 Like

I do not have my Collisions enabled and they only work if you’re moving an object using the move tool, not if you are dragging an object.

I tried changing the hierarchy of the invisible barriers outside the building and I can still select the objects behind it.

i believe you’ve mixed up models with folders here!! you can freely select objects in the viewport if it’s under a folder without using any extra keys. you only need to hold alt if you’ve grouped the items in a model. this guy is experiencing a bug that has been going round recently.

1 Like

Yes i meant models lol… it was a late night :slight_smile: