Possible Improvements for Level Design?

Some information.

I’ve never made an overhead view of map planning before actually creating a map, and usually, I would just straight to ROBLOX Studio and start creating what comes off the top of my head.

Today I’ve set myself for now and the future to start mapping out basic level design ideas before actually going straight into studio. I’ve decided to create an FPS Map. I’ve never created an FPS Map, and are unsure of how the process usually goes, what to implement, the adjustments needed, level of detail and versatility e.t.c.

This is my first time doing a overhead view level design map idea, and I’m posting this in relation to possible feedback or improvement I can imply to the design, possibly from developers who have general knowledge of level design. :slight_smile:

Any possible suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
(The theme is similar to them map Turbine in TF2 and Gorge in TF2)

1 Like

One thing i recommend is to make sure that the level design is symmetric to both teams, to make sure everyone is playing a fair and balanced match. (Art/Design can be different, take 2fort from tf2 for example, both fortresses have a different look, but the playing area is 100% equal)

1 Like

Oh, I see. Thanks for the reply! :slight_smile:

I knew this link was handy, here you go:

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve completely forgotten about this post. :sweat_smile:

Here’s another tutorial:

1 Like