Possible to add everything in Earth into Roblox?

Instead of focusing on plugins, how can I actually script it or how will that work?

1 Like

Iā€™m confused as to what youā€™re trying to achieve, I wouldnā€™t make a replica of earth 1:1, because frankly thatā€™s far beyond the limits of Roblox.

This seems to be your best choice, maybe import a heightmap of the earth. You can find one in google images, this will create the terrain for you. Then all you need to do is design buildings, make oceans, etc. Itā€™s a lot of work

Edit: Something like this maybe.

2 Likes

Honestly I donā€™t know if I want to do that because it takes a lot of work to design buildings, oceans like what you say and Iā€™m only looking forward to doing this automatically but Iā€™ll think about it.

1 Like

For the terrain you can use this module:

If you want it to be land of terrain read and add this:

Then add the constructions to them by a script.

2 Likes

You can approach this in different ways.

Different places for each area, for example, town per town (man is this ambitious), chunks loading??

This makes me wonder, how would Roblox handle streaming like Flight Simulator 2020? They have the entire world, but thatā€™s just because they are using satellite imagery.

1 Like

But is it possible to add it into Roblox?

1 Like

Still need help with this, just saying so no one would ignore this.

1 Like

There isnā€™t something that allows you to automatically place everything that exists from earth into Roblox. If thatā€™s what you mean.

I would think games that can generate places on earth use connections to external websites and data (something similar to google maps). They donā€™t have a large model of the world sitting around.

1 Like

Basically I just want to implement Microsoft Flight Simulator just in case you donā€™t know what iā€™m trying to say.

1 Like

Adding onto what Flabby said, find a map from a website (make sure itā€™s reliable) and then use HTTPService to make requests and access that map. If that is what you want to achieve.

1 Like

Since I donā€™t know how to get data, how can I?

1 Like

Youā€™ll need to learn, nobody will do the full thing for you here, especially not for something this big, thereā€™s been multiple solutions to your question here, please read up on the solutions and look further into them.

1 Like

The reason why I created this post is because I need some help, not asking someone to do the full thing. How can I learn if I donā€™t know how it works and I donā€™t even know where to start, I wouldnā€™t be able to do this if I donā€™t ask for help. Those helps are not enough to me because I still donā€™t know where to start.

If you have an answer, I be glad if you can reply. :slight_smile:

HTTPService have 500 request limit per min.
if you use APIs such as terrain API, map API, Buildings API, etc., you will exceed the limit if move at high speeds such as airplanes.

Also, Roblox canā€™t send HTTP Request from client, This can cause huge lag.

Tbh, I donā€™t think this is possible with Roblox. It may be possible with Unity.

I think it is possible, but it will be Laggy a lot.

Unless I use render distance but right now Iā€™m just trying to learn how to do this and Iā€™m still struggling to make one. :thinking:

Iā€™m actually trying this myself right now, I did this method and it is a bit off (mostly with terrain but I think I made it too large)

Update I lowered the height and now it looks pretty good

still some errors like greenland having a hole in it and that random thing up top Im going to try to color code the map so I can make it cleaner

1 Like