Powerful RichText Editor

RichText is an awesome feature for text classes in roblox, but it can be a major pain fiddling with the tags to produce the text you want

There have been some RichText editor plugins released, but none I thought helped significantly reduce the pain.

Introducing RichText Editor

This plugin uses a parsing system to perform RichText operations on the text you have selected.
You can highlight any text and perform any RichText operation, and if one already exists for that type, it’ll remove it.

To use it, simply select a text class that has RichText enabled to enable the widget

Some other cool features

• Performing operations will keep the text you have selected, and even shift it if you add or remove tags
  • You can select whole words by clicking on them, if you enable the Words checkbox
    • Note, this is a bit hacky and may be buggy

Give me the download!

https://www.roblox.com/library/9105434178/RichText-Editor

Special thanks

• Antiboomz0r for helping with the parsing logic

Also I’m not a UI designer so go easy on me please ;-;

119 Likes

Yo, this looks pretty cool and useful. I’m gonna try it tomorrow. From the looks of it, it’s probably gonna help me a lot when dealing with RichText. Good job!

1 Like

Very powerful tool that will save me quite a bit of time, Tyridge never fails! :blue_heart:

4 Likes

Very useful when using many tags at once. Sometimes I spend many time trying to figure out where did I miss a “/” in that small text box.

2 Likes

This is so useful and the interface is absolutely lit! good job!

2 Likes

Amazing plugin, ty for making! I needed this

1 Like

Been waiting for a text editor, having to type on a notepad and typing the corresponding format takes time.

2 Likes

ColorPane has update!
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/colorpane-plugin-installed-without-my-knowledge/1838397/5?u=acebookmarker

2 Likes

Super useful plugin, but easily the most frustrating one in my library due to the fact that it auto-opens any time you select an object with RichText enabled, which means I need to enable and disable it in the plugin manager any time I use it.

I know this is an older plugin, but would it be possible to remove the automatic opening and switch to a toggle button in the plugin taskbar?

1 Like

I agree so much, I have used this since some time ago but it opening every time you open a instance with rich text is annoying. It some times even replaces text of other unrelated instances for the same reason.

2 Likes

Its cool but I wish that it didnt show the tags being added and instead simply applied the affect onto the display.

It makes it kind of hard to see your overall message, and I think it should be like google docs.

2 Likes

Why does it becomes ColorPane?