[Pre-Alpha] Contagion | Modern Zombie Fighting Game!

Intro

Crystal Studios has been hard at work for the last year and a half developing Contagion! Though it is in pre-alpha, we have a ton of future plans already laid out, and we’ll go over those a bit more in this post.

What is Contagion?

Contagion is a round-based game where you fight off zombie hordes and survive countless nights until you reach your demise or conquer the world. Use your experience and currency to upgrade your weapon arsenal with something stronger to enhance your chances of survival. Complete in-game daily objectives to earn experience and currency and climb your way through the ranks of the game.

Current Features

As of version 0.2.6, Contagion is very simple and of course, missing a lot of our key features that we plan to add in later versions. There are two weapons, an AK-47 and an M1911 that have infinite ammo and aid you to survive as many nights as you can. Unfortunately, you have to wait until the next game to play as we have not implemented player respawn for every new night. We are constantly experimenting with new things, so zombie AI and looks, weapons, maps, etc. are all subject to change. Every night, zombies exponentially increase in numbers which makes it harder for you to survive. The more players there are, the more zombies spawn. We currently only have six playable maps, but more are being worked on and added! All of our weapons are 3D modeled and are accurately replicated by real-life weapons!

Future Plans

For Alpha, we plan on including the following

• At least 6 new weapons
  • Tutorial
  • UI Overhaul (we have new UI, it is actually currently being implemented and is our next update!)
  • Nightly player respawn
  • Realistic zombies (skin color, clothing, smarter AI)
  • Fully functional level system
  • Weapon Skins & Crates
  • Fully functional shop (can buy currency)
  • Premium Gamepass
  • Complete level-redesign (maps won’t all have our current default background of the wilderness)
  • Working badges
  • Music soundtrack
  • And much more!

You also best believe we’ve begun thinking about Beta, too! Though that’s a long time away, here are some features you can expect to see during our Beta stage (and potentially earlier)

• Multiple game modes
  • Open-world survival
  • Even more maps and weapons!

The game will eventually be paid access for no more than 35 Robux.

Links

Join our Community!

There’s so much that we want to do with our community such as game nights, testing sessions, discord events, etc., but we are needing to increase our numbers. Feel free to join our community here:

Outro

Thank you all so much for reading! Currently, Contagion is locked to group members only until we feel comfortable to start advertising.

If you have any interest in helping us out with development, testing, or anything else please don’t hesitate to reach out to me on here or my discord, which is @ Rallient#6261.

5 Likes

I believe that this is a great game idea and will completely change the way we see Zombie survival games! The only problem is the fact that it will eventually be paid access which kind of ruins the experience for other players who really want to play your game!

1 Like

We don’t want to do paid access if we don’t have to or if we think the game is too little to do so, but it will be one of our only ways to make a profit so that we can spend it on advertisements, music, and more to make Contagion a better game! Thank you so much for your response, we really hope Contagion can be enjoyable for everybody :slight_smile:

Ohh! Thanks for clearing that up! I hope after the game gets popular, you will make it free to play! Good luck on the game! I can definitely see this game going somewhere!

1 Like

Review://Contagion

Hello! I spent a few minutes playing your game, I played a few rounds and I believe I was able to play all the available maps. Here’s some feedback from my experience.

Gameplay

• A main concern is stamina. Due to players needing to rely on movement to survive, the penalty of running, mainly jumping is pretty harsh. If I need to get up to higher ground, the stamina is very unforgiving if I miss a jump or if the place is hard to access, which the majority of the time I die in a hoard.

• By around wave 4, both single player and duo the map becomes overwhelming to some extent.

Maps

So as of now, the only map for me playing solo/duo without feeling entirely overwhelmed is Hangars, because its easier to access higher ground.

• The biggest problem I am facing is if higher ground is more sought after to survive, a lot of the maps don’t support it in one way or another.

• Some of the maps you can clearly see when the textures end, maybe neaten that up.

• Then certain textures (hangars), are a bit too harsh to the eye since its dark.

• Overall, the maps are well built try to implement access to higher ground in more of the maps.

(I personally havent been able to survive past wave 5 in solo, and wave 5 in duo)

Game Ideas/Suggestions

I’m looking forward to the new UI possibly since plans for a proper XP system, we will see a new XP bar and possibly some GUI with our stats.

Weapons

• Make it easier to access your secondary, possibly by the user scrolling their middle mouse they can equip another weapon.

• Melees would be quite helpful once you are being overrun by zombies.

• More realistic particle effects?

• Auto reload?

• Cancel Reload?

Equipment

Frags and bear traps for an example can help lessen the pressure in the games. Again around round 4 and especially in maps where there isn’t any high ground a frag would be very nice to lessen the hoard. There should be a cap maybe 3-5 frags per game/ You can only get a refill after x waves.

• Beartraps to well bunker down in a location and slow down the hoard.

Overall I enjoyed playing the game for what it is. It has a lot of potential and I am super glad to be able to help out a bit. Any thoughts are welcome! :happy3:

-Sail

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your review! We’ll definitely keep a lot of these in mind, we’re striving to make Contagion a more unique game than the other zombie games out there, and some of these ideas are going to be super helpful!

1 Like

Oh hey, woah this game has some of the best yet to be implemented UI’s I’ve seen in a while!
I wish I could meet the guy that made it, wonder who he is except being and absolute genius.

This game looks extremely exciting and I am not even biased at all hence working on it with some great people! Can’t wait to see to which levels we can bring it!

1 Like

We just added a few new UI elements to our game! We still have a lot more to add, but suggestions and feedback are more than welcome (please note the camera in the bottom left is temporary, the next update should get rid of that)