Pre-Lua Useful QOL Coding plugin

Hello! I’m delighted to see you reading this post! I have created a plugin that I would put as a definite essential for all the programmers on Roblox!

This plugin will automatically fill newly created scripts with pre-saved code (Depending on the script; Here is an example; Pre-Lua How To - YouTube

Download Pre-Lua here!: https://create.roblox.com/marketplace/asset/12218629908/PreLua

Script injection is sadly required inorder to be able to edit these scripts, however If you are worried about viruses you can always read the source code.

Thumb2

1 Like

Alright. I’d like to share my opinions about your plugin and ask some questions.

Now, with the title of the post you mention that this is an “Essential QOL Coding Plugin”. From my standpoint, I think that this is definitely not an essential coding plugin. Just, a shortcut.
If you really think about it, do you think this is an essential coding plugin?

Basically (or literally) what you do with this plugin, is that you create a template for each type of script. Now with this comes pros and cons. One pro would be that it saves time. A con being that it can be incredibly annoying.
How could a developer or I benefit from this, and do you believe that there are more cons than pros?

The UI also looks like it could have some room for improvement. There’s no syntax highlighting with the code editor, making it hard for the user to read their code since it’s all green.
It’s also quite hard to see the “Save Preset” button’s hitbox due to it having no background, or an indicator on where you can click. I suppose it would be common sense to click on the button’s text to activate it, but it would be nice to see where I can click.

I’d also like to mention that I like the name Pre-Lua, as it has some sense in it’s name. Very nice I must say.

I’d also like to apologize if this isn’t “constructive criticism” or something that someone would take offense to. I’m just pointing out what I think could be improved on, and saying some opinions. I think it’s kind of sad I have to even mention this, as things have gone wrong in the past.

Have a splendid day!

2 Likes

Hello fellow Aussie, thanks so much for the feedback! I’ll try to touch on everything you mention, I’d like to know though, how would it be annoying at times? And what cases make it annoying? Anyhow thanks for the feedback :slightly_smiling_face: