[EOL] PreloadService - Customizable way to load assets via ContentProvider [v2]

Alright, sounds fair, I will disable it till 3.0 gets released then, thank you for answring btw

1 Like

As I said, I’ll look into your issue in the morning, hopefully it shouldn’t be a huge issue.

1 Like

Also since you said you are gonna rescript it at some point, do you think you could make it for 3.0 to load assets via Server sided? I basically have to load and unload large maps for some events too frequently, it would help a lot to be able to also use it in SS scripts

Sounds fair, I will wait tomorrow then, hopefully it isn’t anything too complex, I would prob try the blue version if the issue isn’t fixed, just to be sure I guess

1 Like

Yes, this is also in my todo list.

1 Like

Cool, thank you for your patience :slight_smile: gonna wait tomorrow for the answer to this headache then, thank you, once again

1 Like

Yeah, if I’m using a product I hope for the best support I can get for free, so I offer it to anybody who uses my stuff. As I said, I’ll look into it and get back to you/

1 Like

Hm, seems to be working for me.

This is the code I used:

local PS = require(game.ReplicatedStorage:WaitForChild("PreloadService"))

PS.Load("Game", "Default", nil)

warn("COMPLETE")

Version 2.3.1.2 Released!

What’s new?

• Minor bug fixes (errors in the console)

News on v3

Blue v3 Build 2 was put in testing last week.

If you would like it, please sign up!

Besides that, this was a very simple update - to get rid of the errors. Thank you, expect v3 hopefully soon!

1 Like

Yeah, just tested it and its still happening…I guess I will wait for v3.0 or using Blue, ty anyways :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hey everybody,

Once again, sorry for the extreme lack of updates here, or in general communication.

I’ve been focusing on more personal stuff and distancing more and more from Roblox. The platform has become boring and extremely dry, after my 7 or so years on the entire site. I have scrapped a few of the extreme wishlist features such as widgets for now, but my motivation is still pretty low.

I haven’t worked on this in a bit, but I assure everybody what v3 will eventually happen, probably by the end of summer depending on how I’m doing and how often I work on it.

Thanks again.

5 Likes

Hello everyone,

Thought I’d leave another update. v2 is breaking more and more, and also looks pretty bad at this point. I’m also aware of other things, such as custom UI not working, performance issues, random crashes and errors, and general UI/UX issues.

All of these have been patched in version 3. There will be a few more betas while I iron out the issues in it. Besides that, v3 should be ready by the end of July at latest.

I’m going to be pinning this to the top of tthe post for now to let everybody know about all of the issues present in v2. v2 will not be getting another patch or feature update until v3 is ready, which I will put a migration guide up for when the time comes.

Thank you for your continued support while I work on patching bugs and adding new features to make v3 the best release possible.

3 Likes

Hey everybody,

Thought I’d give one last update on this topic.

In short: PreloadService is being discontinued.

I started PreloadService for fun as a simple loading module. For Version 2, I wanted something new. I decided that I should try making an admin panel for it. Display many useful statistics about how your game is loading.

Unfortunately, it was extremely half baked. It was buggy, it looked bad, and features have been missing since day 1.

When starting the development of v3, I decided that I wasn’t playing around anymore. No more bugs, no missing features.

However, the thought of why entered my mind. Why do we need a panel for a module made for beginners? Why do we need support for plugins if it’s just a loading module? It seems like my idea of a loading module has finally gone too far. That’s why I’m continuing PreloadService Admin through Administer.

Administer will follow the same basics as PreloadService did. Free, open source, easy to use.

It will be easy insert, with in-panel settings and admin configuration. And, my favorite feature: easy-insert plugins and plugin servers. With Administer, you’ll be able to insert plugins from anywhere by anybody with Plugin Servers, all automatically updating and using a highly configurable open API. That means there’s no need for a forum or DevForum topic. The code for plugin servers will be on GitHub so you can start your own!

I’m super excited for the future with Administer and see how it all builds out. Just keep in mind this will likely take me a long time to fully complete everything I have planned, because there is zero payment for me, but please do stay tuned.

Note: If you would like to keep PreloadService, it’ll still be available as a plugin for Administer!

4 Likes

Keep up I can’t wait for Administer and PreloadService plugin !

Hello everybody,

I just got the chance to push 2.4. Nothing new, just bumping the version number (2.3.1.2 was too long), and added some small things.

I added this warning to the More page:

I updated the logo to one I had commissioned by a friend a few months ago now (itll be in the Administer plugin), and I also disabled version checking.

Anyways, here is another preview into Administer:

I can’t wait to share the final build with everybody, stay tuned. I’m one person, there is no team behind Administer, so it’ll be a while before it sees the light of day, but I promise it’s coming.

2 Likes

Any ideas for TopbarPlus support with this?

2 Likes

That would likely come in with an official plugin, unless the demand for native support is high.

2 Likes

Looks sweet, was their a localized version of this module to use to connect to multiple servers?

1 Like

It was never added into the final v2 of PreloadService. There is a Player Management screen but it only works for showing basic info, none of the buttons work. I suggest waiting for me to finish Administer.

1 Like

Hi all,

Happy new years!

I’m sorry for the lack of updates here. PreloadService is extremely broken at this point and I’m not supporting it so there has been nothing for me to post about. Soon, I’ll request to have this thread locked.

Administer is getting closer to being done. I have a lot of the internal and external infrastructure setup. Here’s what it looks like so far:

There’s still a lot of rough edges and incomplete parts - but I promise I’m working on it. I hope to have something by the end of May I can share.

Thank you all for your extended support! If you want to keep up with development, I post stuff to my Twitter (@darkpixlz) every so often, so follow me there for more frequent updates!