Presenting Rojobs: Destroyer of Talent Hubs

Ever since the creation of the Talent Hub, Roblox developers have become enraged and skeptical as to how a 2 billion dollar company was able to do such a poor job in creating a platform to connect developers to employers.

I’m here to fix that.

I will do what no man has has the courage to do before. I’m turning to Roblox and quoting Thanos: “Fine, I’ll do it myself”.

Here is all the information about the website, the part I’d like you to give feedback on.

Here’s our official Discord Server.

I’ll be updating this post with the most pertinent questions you leave in the comments.

You can use the discord to see development updates, leave your ideas or concerns, and stay updated on important announcements regarding Rojobs.

Sometime in the future I’ll be making the website available to a select number of people for testing.

Stay fresh.

For programmers:

The sensitive information is hashed and the algorithm, cost and salt is stored in the database.

Some updates:

3 Likes

The reason it got flagged is because it’s not open source, please move the topic to #help-and-feedback:creations-feedback

Is discord required to use this?

No, you can do everything through the website.

1 Like

I think you should look at Roblox’s OAuth 2.0 to verify Roblox accounts if that is possible rather than requiring to enter a password.

1 Like

I will be adding a verification for the roblox account, though I want the users to have a dedicated account for the website.

I do have a minor concern about people using their Roblox account password as their account password and I’d recommend you put a note saying not to do that! So obviously, they know it isn’t a official Roblox website and to use a different password.

Yes, I can do that, but I assure you there’s maximum security for user information. Even at this stage, I already have security testing and people looking for flaws in the security system. Everything is encrypted, protected against sql injection, and I won’t be releasing to the public until I make sure we have the best protection for the users.

1 Like

Do remember, encrypting passwords isn’t the best way to go if you aren’t aware already. Read through the top reply to this StackOverflow question if so :slight_smile:

Not sure what you mean, when I say encryption I’m being very general so most people understand.

I’m referring to storing passwords in databases (the proper ways)