Pressing Ctrl+Z for literally anything sometimes randomly duplicates a file that has a package link

Any files (except in StarterGui) that have a package link get duplicated about 10% of the time when I press ctrl+z.

I press ctrl+z a lot to undo things in studio, like moving models, making ui, etc. Our framework has a package link inside of ServerStorage, and when I press Ctrl+Z, sometimes it duplicates this. It also does that with another folder with a package link inside of ServerScriptService. Sometimes it will even delete the package link from the folder when it duplicates it.

The only time it doesn’t do this is when editing a script.

Can confirm that this happens with me, but with module scripts. One thing to keep in mind though, is that I use Rojo, but Rojo deletes any duplicates for me. When I ctrl z, a bunch of module scripts get duplicated. This is really annoying

This is just an acknowledgment announcement!

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and we will update you when we have further information!

Thanks for the report!

Hi @Telanthric, I’ve been unable to reproduce this bug.

When this happens, do you have Rojo active?

Would it be possible for you to capture a recording of it happening and/or send a place file where you are able to reproduce it?

Thanks!

Rojo isn’t used, but Team Create is. I suspect that the package is too big so Team Create replication got throttled, and if the player who triggered the package update leave the studio before it is fully replicated, it will result in an half-replicated package without the PackageLink.