Prevent Misuse/Abuse in Reports System

Hi, I’m making a prototype for Reports System

a joke ( Long + Boring one )

and wanting to check every report for 10 or 20 minutes so with some high level math, found out that it would take me 4 days to check 5k reports ( without sleeping / eating )

how can I check every report to know if it’s a valid or just some spam
before sending it to the server ?

Please just the concept or the idea ( and will make it work , I Hope ), Thx

I’m developing one myself! Mine is actually a global moderation system so it has to be protected more.

If it’s global I suggest making a way to create a key by going in a game, typing gameID, checks game ownership, and asks for a pin. When they put in a pin they also get this long password which they can use to communicate with the proxy you send reports through. For example each key is attached to a GameID. So instead of giving the person permission to enter a game ID and the report “comes from that game” the key and pin is required so it 100% came from that game. (It’s also a good way to combat abuse. You can always revoke and ban it)

But if it’s just for your game (proxy private) ensure you have some sort of password. If someone somehow finds your proxy link they could flood your entire reports page. Also make a cooldown Proxy side per user so someone can’t just spam it with a remote. Have a funny joke (I guess)

1 Like