Preventing players from zooming camera through Transparent/CanCollide false blocks

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too difficult to prevent players from zooming their camera out through Transparent and/or CanCollide false blocks.

This has been a problem for years. As it seems, there is no feasible way to stop players from zooming out past Transparent and/or CanCollide false blocks.

Players commonly use this camera vulnerability to:

• Navigate correct paths through multi-path obstacle courses
  • Peeking through the map’s boundaries
Video examples

robloxapp-20200718-1856339.wmv

robloxapp-20200718-2010460.wmv

As a builder, I do not want players seeing the outside of my builds, or using petty glitches to speed through gameplay.

Introducing CameraPeaking

A new part property under Behavior allows players to peak through blocks specified by developers. By default, this feature will be off for all blocks, but can easily be toggled on/off.

game.Workspace.Part.CameraPeaking = true

Example code

This gives developers the choice which blocks allow peeking, and which blocks don’t.

If this issue is addressed, it would improve my development experience because this has the potential to completely eradicate this long-awaited issue, that is constantly abused by players.

12 Likes

This feature is a hit or miss for me as there is InvisibleCamera that you can Enable/Disable so users camera can’t look through parts.

Some builders might want this for their game as a advantage or feature that they can use in a certain situation, or just use it normally.

^ I also stated that you can disable CameraPeaking and InvisibleCamera or have certain parts that don’t use CameraPeaking.

I’m confused as I don’t see an CameraPeaking Enum or option/box to Disable/Enabled or to set as true or false when coding.

Overall, I do see this useful but it can be avoidable easily if I recall correctly for what I mentioned above.

1 Like

This is true. That is why CameraPeaking would be a Part property, so instead of using InvisibleCamera and disabling the peaking ability of all parts, you can specify which parts allow peaking, and which don’t.

Perhaps I should have clarified more.

This was only used as an example. There is no line of code that toggles the Bool value of CameraPeaking, as CameraPeaking does not exist.

Agree with you there as it could be beneficial for builders such as windows or barriers. :3

Also, where did you get this Enum CameraPeaking as I don’t see this variable show up in the Behaviors or when I’m scrpting?

EDIT: You got me confused big time, but CameraPeaking seems very useless one day.

1 Like