Pricing recommendations for 2D profile icons

Hey! I’m a beginning artist and I’m always eager and wide open for constructive criticism.

Question

1. I want to know how much you think each example (style) would be worth.
  2. How much you would be willing yourself, to pay for it.

I’m already selling my work, but I want to know from an unbiased source if the pricing is fair, and if it’s worth selling.
Since obviously, my friends tell me to make it higher, and potential consumers try to bargain it down.

So here’s the examples:

Example One:

Example Two:

Example Three:

Any additional tips or hints on how to improve are also welcome. I want honest answers, and nothing offends me so go wild!

2 Likes

For me personally depending on how long it takes for you to draw with three different styles

Example 1: 750 Robux
Example 2: 2,000 Robux
Example 3: 1,500 Robux

Although I do not have any tips, all I could say right now is to keep on practicing! :+1:

3 Likes

I have no experience with GFX, but I do think that everything is priced correctly. Also, the quality within your artwork is stunning! You are truly an spectacular artist, don’t let anybody tell you otherwise. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh sorry I forgot to answer your 2nd question! I would personally pay about 1000-2000 for each design.

1 Like

In my opinion, these are the possible prices for your icons:
• First icon: 750 robux,
• Second icon: 2500 robux
• Third icon: 5000 robux
Honestly, I’d have to say that your icons look absolutely amazing.
The lightning, and the coloring looks stunning.
You’ve done an amazing job, keep up the great work.

1 Like

Example One: 800-1000 Robux, depending on the head. (Which hats are used, etc.)
Example Two: 1400-2000 Robux, depending on the number of details a client would request.
Example Three: 4000 Robux at least, again depending on the number of details.

My only possible criticism and this is really a nitpick, is that Example Three looks a bit too wacky. It just seems weird that the character’s expression is so serious while being contrasted with bright purple and green.

Besides that though, this seems like really great work! I can really tell that everything was made with care. Good luck!

1 Like

I usually just let others pick the price, lol. But I do a fair bit of negotiation. Your work is very good, so I would estimate it anywhere from the 1500-5000 ROBUX range. Perhaps $20 USD.

1 Like

Out of the three, I’d rate it like this, number 1 being my favorite, 3 being my least favorite.:

1. Example 2
  2. Example 3
  3. Example 1

I can tell example 3 took a lot of time, so honestly I could place that around 1,300 Robux (more for a full body shot I’d imagine). The second one is just a very nice style, personally I’d pay the most for that. I do think that logically the second avatar would fall under second most expensive style though. For example 1, I usually prefer more cartoony ones, with brighter colors. This is especially in the case of 1.0/similar simple body styles. I can tell you put time into the shading, though. Example 3 would be 1,300 Robux, example 2 would be 1,200 Robux, and example 1 would be 900 Robux.

It all comes down to what you feel should be the best pricing. You’re the commissioning artist, and your pricing just shows what you value your work for. People on the forum will not be able to make the final decision for you, likely.

1 Like