Printing a full table including that which is Embedded in it

I have a table with tables inside of that table, that is saved to the datastore encoded with JSONEncode. When I getAsync that table and want to see it all. How can I print that table in its entirety in english not with memory locations of the table inside? Is there a way anymore?
tried : table.foreach() is depreciated and unpack(table) may unpack my embedded tables into another memory location table.
3. Tried
table.foreach()
unpack(table)
yes these were done inside of a loop
for key, value in pairs(data) do
print(key, typeof(value), value)
end
I hope my question makes sense.

1 Like

Have you tried decoding the table with HttpService:JSONDecode before modifying it

Use recursion with the type method. For a deep table (nested tables), you need to recursively iterate through each subtable.

function search(t)
  -- Base case: if param t is not a table then exit the recursive call
  if type(t) ~= "table" then return end
  for k, v in pairs(t) do 
    print(k, v)
    search(v)
  end
end

local a = {
    alpha = {1, 2, 3, 4}, 
    beta = {5, 6, 7, 8}, 
    gamma = {9, 10, 11, 
        delta = {12, "epsilon"}
    }
}

search(a)

This will recursively print every key-value pair as so:

-- Output
gamma	table: 0x7f92cc3873b0
1	9
2	10
3	11
delta	table: 0x7f92cc380820
1	12
2	epsilon
beta	table: 0x7f92cc387370
1	5
2	6
3	7
4	8
alpha	table: 0x7f92cc387330
1	1
2	2
3	3
4	4
1 Like

Yes. i created a function to send the data I get from the datastore to decode it.
local function JsonDecoded(dataRecieved)
local saveData = HS:JSONDecode(dataRecieved)
return saveData

Sorry I thought the replies go to the people individually. But I will give @Negativize i test right now. Thank you.

Thank you @Negativize that definitely prints out the embedded tables. Was worried I was going to have to a.gamma, a.delta, a.alpha them to get what I was after. I’m curious why doesn’t it spread it out in the comment section like a hierarchy tree? in any case that is great. Thanks