Prism | Free, Feature-Heavy Music System

Boost your experience’s music

With Prism, you can get access to the tools needed to engage your players with your experience through the power of music. :musical_note:

About Prism

Prism was created to give an easy way for developers to implement music into the game. Developers can also profit off of the music requests feature, where players can spend robux in your game to play their own music.

Prism is fully open-source, and as long as you abide by the license, you are free to edit it however you’d like to fit the style of your game.

Features

Easy to Set Up

Prism is designed to be a piece of cake for everyone. With a minute of your time, Prism will be fully set up in your game.

Customizable

Prism runs off of values, meaning you can edit them to customize Prism as you’d like. Advanced users can edit the scripts to their liking, as well as customizing GUIs.

Profitable

Implement music requests and unlimited requests products into the game and earn robux off of Prism.

Up-To-Date

Prism will always be up to date with new Roblox features and has an amazing support team ready to provide you with 24/7 assistance.

So Much More!

Prism has so many more features like muting, staff commands, announcements and more. All for free.

Setup Help

Let’s set up Prism!

1: Download Prism off of the marketplace here.
2: Insert the model into the game and then ungroup each folder in their labeled places. ThumbnailCamera can be deleted.
3: In your new Values folder within ReplicatedStorage, change the values of your Unlimited Requests gamepass UnlimitedRequests and your request song id RequestSong to their respective values.
Learn how to create Dev Products or Game Passes.
6: Under the Music script now in ServerScriptService, there will be a Sound folder featuring an array of sounds. Input new sounds into here and have them added to the default music list when no one has a current requested song.

:warning: Make sure that you always have 2 or more default songs in your game at once. Having less will cause an infinite loop of the script trying to find a different song and will crash the game.

5: Yay! Prism is now set up in your game.

License

Copyright © 2022 chrisvecs

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and

associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction,

including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense,

and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so,

subject to the following conditions:

• Credit must be given to the creator, chrisvecs. This is done automatically in the default GUI.

• Prism must not be used to redistribute explicit material, including bypassed audios.

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial

portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT

LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.

IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY,

WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE

SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

Downloads

Prism can be download for free as long as you abide by the license.
Marketplace Model (Recommended)
Game File
Open-Source Game

Optionally, Roblox provides a large group of sounds that you can use in your game. They are all made by Monstercat and are all copyright free.
Find them on the audio menu.

Support

Having troubles? Reply to this DevForum post and I will get back to you.
Optionally, for a quicker response, contact me on Discord: chris;#9999

30 Likes

Haha, finally a v2 of your last one! Although I’m not going to be using it, I’m still going to learn some stuff from the source code and make my own! It at least helps in learning!

Keep going with your developing!

5 Likes

Doesn’t this break ToS? Copyrighted music?

3 Likes

Where is the evidence then? You can’t just say something random without evidence.

4 Likes

If it uses copyrighted music in a game, it will break the ToS!

2 Likes

I thought roblox made music only 3-6 seconds long?

2 Likes

it wont break the TOS, because If you look in the 2nd screenshot, there’s a place to put a audio ID, its basically the same principle of a boombox, just find a audio file in creator marketplace, plunk it into prism, and enjoy!

2 Likes

*Music before they changed Audio to free

2 Likes

I guess so…hmm…I guess you’re right after all.

3 Likes

No, this is made by roblox themselves with licensing…

3 Likes

There is a massive exploit vulnerability in this script, if a player runs.

workspace.PrismMusic.Volume = 10000000000

They can play around with the volume, I hope there can be a fix to this issue since it’s extremely annoying.

1 Like

9 months later…
The volume of sounds is always between 0 and 10. It’s not an exploit. Am I missing something?

1 Like

You can also edit the PlaybackSpeed and make the music go really fast. What I mean is that if an exploiter executes the code above it’ll change the volume of the music.

1 Like

That would be on the client though, right? He wouldn’t be making anyone lag but himself

1 Like