Prison Life styled weapons; how?

The Building Support sub-category is intended for all development support relating to architecture on the Roblox platform. This includes questions ranging in difficulty from extremely basic to even the most technical of issues.

You may present your thread how you choose, but you are required to answer the following questions in your thread;

• What are you attempting to achieve? (Keep it simple and clear) - To create guns in the style of the games Prison Life and Redwood Prison.
  • What is the issue? (Keep it simple and clear - Include screenshots/videos/GIFs if possible) - I cannot emulate the specific style I’m attempting to achieve.
  • What solutions have you tried so far? (Have you searched for solutions through the Roblox Wiki yet?) - I’ve tried several times (with references) to attempt to recreate the guns in question.

You may then include any further details.

The actual gun models?
The way they are animated?
The way they shoot and cause damage?

Please provide more information.

2 Likes

I’m assuming they are talking about the gun models.

the guns seem to be rather simple and low poly. they only have 2-3 different colors.

from the complexcity of its geomtry Im assuming it was made in a 3d software like blender.

Uing a reference is good but Im assuming you did so while using robloxes parts. This is doable with a few uions and such. If you are using roblox’s parts I recomend using smaller incriments or scaling the whole processes up.

If you want to use a reference without having to swich back and forth between your tabs I recomend using PureRef. I use it alot for a wide variety of things. (its free)

The guns were definitely NOT made in blender

something i see gun modelers do is take (and hold) an image of a gun, then build on top of it to replicate it perfectly

Basic studio knowledge of unions and modeling should help you out here

How can you tell? Genuinely curious

From what I see, the M4A1 in the picture was most likely built in studio w/ light plugins or no plugins and unions were used, though for that shotgun (unknown model) it was definitely some light blender from what I see in the side perspective (just by looking at the stock)