(PRIVATED) Feedback on a Lua based coding console I made. (Made for fun!)

I wouldn’t mind helping you with some elements.

In terms of this I think all I need to do is create the UI elements.

1 Like

btw I’m pretty sure it still require the module…

1 Like

I was busy working on banned data stores and kicking, that I never read you message.

The two main issues are making an auto complete, but I could just, you know, not make one, and that would still work, and making multiple lines, I tried to enable that setting, but you couldn’t press enter to actually run the code, it just created a new line, if you could help me do that, that’d be great! (Also if we do do that, the place we are going to work in is not going to be the main place, just for saftey.)

1 Like

What do you mean by that? I tested it, and you couldn’t type require into the console.

1 Like

Don’t need to press enter, having a Run button works equally.

1 Like

yea but It still load the module

1 Like

Oh, I’ll fix that right away!

(Body is apparently too short, is Roblox calling me short? Joke)

1 Like

Why don’t you just sandbox the environment so require can’t be used?

1 Like

An autocomplete system can work well, however it’s not the system itself that will ever be the issue. Autocomplete itself works well and you can use string manipulation to easily fetch results. What the hardest part really is, is assembling a direct list of keywords that autocomplete needs to recognize.

And that’s only speaking conceptually. There’s still other hard parts to it, but the key one that I found when making my console was finding a dictionary system that was simple and compact whilst containing the necessary data.

1 Like

What do you mean by “sandbox environment”?

You can use Lua’s getfenv and setfenv functions to modify the environment and make require unable to be accessed.

1 Like

I deleted myself lol, this can be used to mess up other people(maybe fix this)

1 Like

What script did you use to delete your self? Should I just disable the ability to use :Destroy()?

no, maybe just check if you are changing your player

1 Like

that way people cant destroy other people, just themselves(you could add a notification saying you cant do that)

1 Like

Uhh, I don’t know how to do that. Could you at least give me some sources that might help me?

yeah, someone just deleted everyone’s guis, lol

2 Likes

Someone did to me too lol.

(50-20 cha + r limit!)

EDIT: I’m sad that the max server size is only 3 people, crxtix is my friend D:

EDIT2: im in

2 Likes

lol yeah(im sure you can tell by the pic, but they did it)

might want to apply filter also(i think you could print TOS breaking words to other people

1 Like