(PRIVATED) Feedback on a Lua based coding console I made. (Made for fun!)

DISCLAIMER: I privated the game to make sure that my account wont get banned because of the unfiltered output.

So it was around 8:30 pm at night, and I had an idea for a small little project. “What if I made a Lua based coding console, IN Lua?” So the next day, I decided to get to work on the game, and it went pretty well, but then the day after that I decided to add custom commands into the console, and well here we are!

EDIT: The game is singleplayer for now, once I up the game’s security a little more, I’ll make it public. (Yes, you still aren’t able to require in public servers.)

DISCLAIMER: IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO USE A PRIVATE SERVER TO TEST OUT THE GAME, PRIVATE SERVERS ARE COMPLETELY FREE.

DISCLAIMER 2: THIS GAME IS NOT MEANT FOR MULTIPLAYER, IF SOMETHING BAD HAPPENS, I WILL LIMIT THIS GAME TO BE SINGLEPLAYER ONLY.

DUSCLAIMER 3: You may only require module scripts inside of private servers, if you attempt to require a module script inside of a public server, you will be kicked from the server.

DUSCLAIMER 4: DATA STORES AND KICKING ARE NOW GONE EVERY WHERE, EVEN IN PRIVATE SERVERS.

Link to the game: Lua Console - Roblox

More information:

I made the game COMPLETELY for fun, the code is super sloppy, but it works. You can basically do anything a standard server script can do, which is not very secure, so I highly HIGHLY recommend using a private server, which are completely free. You can look at the custom commands in the description of the game, or by reading a little past this paragraph. Also, as the title says, I’d appreciate some feedback, or even better, you could try to break the game as much as possible, which I hope some of you guys do.

Documentation:

#1: clear: By typing in “clear” or “c” into the command line, the output gets cleared.

#2: count(x): x is just the number that the program will count to.

#3: mask(x) The mask command creates a new draggable frame.
x should be the size of the frame you want. Will throw an error if it’s not a number / integer.

#4.3333…: declare(string): By using the command “declare”, it will create a NumberValue inside of ReplicatedStorage.DeclaredValues with the name of the string you put into the parameter. Everyone can access the NumberValue, so be careful.

#4.6666…: declareString(string): Basically just the declare() command except it creates a StringValue instead of a number value. All the same stuff applies to declareString() as declare().

#4.9999…: clearDeclared / cD: Using this command clears all declared values you created.

#6.09: D.M: …

Thank you @BlockyHead2006 for being the first to play the game other than me :smiley:

EDIT: image
I somehow did not expect that, very cool!

6 Likes

Hey,

very cool creation… :+1:

Note: It’s not a connection error

1 Like

How the hell do I disable requiring modules not made by me or roblox lol. This is the entire reason as to why I made private servers free, besides all the danger this can cause, very cool!

EDIT: I’m gonna go work on the code to make it more user friendly, so I can add more custom commands!

1 Like

How? nvm

maybe just try that if string.find(string.sub(text,1,7),"require") then return end

1 Like

That sounds like a good solution, I’ll look into it!

1 Like

But still let us require modules it’s quite fun

1 Like

I’ll try to make requiring only possible in private servers, or maybe I just make the game singleplayer, that’ll surely work.

1 Like

oh great so for private servers use

if (game.PrivateServerId ~= "") then
	-- It's a private server
end
2 Likes

I’ve been looking for a script that can do that for the longest time! Thank you!

1 Like

Great, this is why I love this community :grinning:

1 Like

also make sure to block this:
PromptGamepassPurchase / PromptProductPurchase

1 Like

Won’t having all these off, or more specifically “Allow Third Party Sales” prevent that?

1 Like

oh yea right… :slight_smile:

I forgot about it

1 Like

I found this cool, I remember making a custom console myself. Thanks for the memories man :slight_smile:

GL with yours, I’ll likely revisit mine because of this.

2 Likes

If you want, you can provide a link to your game, I’d love seeing how other people made a console game!

EDIT:

I updated the code, and made it a lot better to work with, though not by much.

1 Like

Joi’s Developer Console

It’s not a traditional console like Lua. It’s a slightly custom system.

Only has these three commands currently:
new Workspace::Part optionalPartNameHere
new Workspace::Barracks optionalPartNameHere
new Workspace::Purifier optionalPartNameHere

You can also chat with others through the Developer Console, however it is unfiltered currently due to time constraints.

This version of the console will be open-sourced soon, I just would rewrite and redesign it entirely after what I’ve learnt from it.

2 Likes

Joi’s Developer Console Prototype 1 - Roblox

I’ve uncopylocked it because I intend to rewrite it. I’d just like to have it be of use to some people if they’re interested in it at all.

1 Like

I added the anti-require script, though string.reverse() still works, so I got to fix that. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’d like to see a fully functional script editor made with this.
and a editor to world view toggle.

1 Like

Sorry, but I don’t think I’ll be able to make the script editor, It was hard just getting the simple command line like gui working, but making a world view toggle button shouldn’t be that hard to do, I’ll thing about making it.

1 Like