Problem when doing Barrage in Arc using Bézier

Hello, I found this code for making a barrage in arc effect using Bézier curves:

local function TweenArm(Arm,pivotCFrame)
		task.spawn(function()
			local ArmStartCf = Arm.CFrame
			local TimePassed = 0

local rnd = Random.new()
			local rndCF = CFrame.new(rnd:NextInteger(-4,4),rnd:NextNumber(-5,5),rnd:NextNumber(-4,4))

local Speed = 2
			local Duration = (ArmStartCf.p - pivotCFrame.Position).Magnitude / Speed
			local tweenDelay = 0.1

TimePassed = 0
			while TimePassed < Duration do
				local TimeRunning = TimePassed / Duration
				local MiddlePoint = (ArmStartCf * rndCF).p
				local pointAtTimePassed = Bezier_Module:QuadraticBezier(TimeRunning,ArmStartCf.p,MiddlePoint, pivotCFrame.p)
				local lookAt = Bezier_Module:QuadraticBezier(TimeRunning+0.01,ArmStartCf.p,MiddlePoint, pivotCFrame.p)

if TimePassed == 0 then
					Arm.CFrame = CFrame.new(pointAtTimePassed,Bezier_Module:QuadraticBezier(TimeRunning+.01,ArmStartCf.p,(ArmStartCf * rndCF).p, pivotCFrame.p))
				elseif TimePassed == Speed then
					local tween = TweenS:Create(Arm,TweenInfo.new(.4),{Transparency = 0}):Play()
				end

TimePassed += Speed
				local tween = TweenS:Create(Arm,TweenInfo.new(tweenDelay),{CFrame = CFrame.new(pointAtTimePassed,lookAt)})
				tween:Play()
				task.wait(tweenDelay)
			end
		end)

My problem is, it doesn’t look as I expected it to, the arms are supposed to move horizontally like this:

Instead it ends moving this way, and I don’t know how to fix that.

I’ve tried a loop setting the orientation and the CFrame.Angles, but Orientation doesn’t give a good result and CFrame.Angles doesn’t work.

The Blocks are just a clone of the stand arms:

local LeftArm = Stand:WaitForChild("Left Arm"):Clone()
		LeftArm:ClearAllChildren()
		LeftArm.CanCollide = false
		LeftArm.Anchored = true
		LeftArm.Parent = BarrageEffectsFolder
		LeftArm.Transparency = 1
		Debris:AddItem(LeftArm,.35)

local RightArm = Stand:WaitForChild("Right Arm"):Clone()
		RightArm:ClearAllChildren()
		RightArm.CanCollide = false
		RightArm.Anchored = true
		RightArm.Parent = BarrageEffectsFolder
		RightArm.Transparency = 1
		Debris:AddItem(RightArm,.35)

How could I fix this issue?

1 Like

I’d guess it’s because the direction of the length of the arm isn’t the Z axis as it should have been, but the Y axis. Change the target CFrame to

{CFrame = CFrame.new(pointAtTimePassed,lookAt) * CFrame.angles(0, 0, math.deg(90)}

… or some other variation, I’m not sure which axis you need to rotate on to get it right. Just try rotating on different axes, or in the opposite direction (-90 instead of 90).

2 Likes

Can you drop modules? i want to learn bezier with arm skill