Problem with importing custom r15 character animation

hello! i made custom r15 skinned character, with correct rig(i used one from official Roblox Github page) ,additional bones for fingers, with cages and proper skinning(weight painting),

when i import it as R15 character and upload it as StarterCharacter it works perfectly, but… when im trying to upload FBX animation from blender, animation brakes.

what i have tried:

1. How to Import/Fix Skinned Mesh Rigs/Custom Rigs and Animations from Blender To Roblox
  2. Blender Better FBX importer
  3. Different Blender versions
  4. removing cage mesh and finger bones

nothing works…
well… if i import is as Custom rig Type and not R15 animation works, i need r15 character to work

when Rig Type is selected to R15 animation brakes but when Rig Type is “Custom” it works as it should (i know this animation is stupid, its for only testing)

when im adding r15 type character as StartePlayer, roblox default animations work perfectly, but when im trying to add new FBX animation from “animation editor” it brakes

so what is the problem? and how can i fix it?

2 Likes

Dont import the animation with the rig in the mesh importer

use the roblox animation tool for it

I also have the same problem, been struggling with it all day, did you find a fix or workaround for it?

i recommend you import animations using the blender plugin. since the rig from blender and the one u imported in studio has the same rig joints and Axis, it should import correctly. There’s alot of tutorial in the internet about it try checking it out.

1 Like