Problem with UI Clipping

Doesn’t necessarily have to be scripting support but I think this would be the most helpful category for this post since scripters do tend to put the UI together and code it.

So basically I’m coding this UI and there’s a scrolling frame with all these batteries inside of it. Those grey squares are not rectangles, the are actual squares and they are being clipped from the frame as they should be. The problem is, the batteries are not being clipped. The battery images are a child of the box images. The scrolling frame has clip descendants on and so does the box image, yet the batteries do this.

Simply set the rectangles clip descendants property to true as well, it should fix your issue.

1 Like

Use ZIndex to change what peaces of a gui go over which.

It is already set to true.____

ZIndex wouldn’t matter. It would just go behind the rectangle, and the UI above the scrolling frame is smaller than the battery image so it would just come out. If you see the far right battery, it is not within the black.

Oh sorry I misunderstood your post. I don’t really understand your issue.

The battery doesn’t clip out of the scrolling frame like the square does. [The scrolling frame is invisible, it ends where the boxes ends]

It won’t clip if the gui has a rotation of anything other than 0.

4 Likes

May we take a look at the guis heirarchy and properties?

This is the correct answer.

Your best bet is going to be making the actual battery image file (the one you upload to the site) rotated.

4 Likes

Not a logical explanation for why this post was miscategorised. Scripting Support is for scripting issues, programmers who also assemble UI is irrelevant. Please use the right category before posting. I have recategorised this to Art Design Support as that category deals with UI and this is a UI issue.