Problems and suggestions in the Library search, and front page problems

So, as an Roblox developer, the Library overall is pretty harsh, It is hard for me (and probably for other small and starting developer) to find resources such as audios, decals, meshes, etc… I mostly make my own decals so at least that’s one thing off.

So lets start off with the Library search, I personally have a lot of problems with audio search, when I do some random side projects, I usually do it for my enjoyment, I mostly do builds, and sometimes like little showcases, but never really publish them, nothing professional, so, here is the problem I come across when I come to the audio and sound part of my builds and games…

[Audio problems, search problems, etc...]

• Main problem; Really hard to search and find stuff on the audio library…

I am in no way, a professional game developer, I am no composer or anything along those lines nor I have that much robux to spend on audios, so I mostly take the free audios, like background noise, background music, etc…

Here is where the problem comes, audio search is full of audios made by roblox, what I mean, is those audios that roblox bought rights to, and published 2 years ago to fight the copyright problem and to expand the non-copyrighted audios for developers to use in their games, seems all pretty nice, pretty cool of roblox doing that, but here is the issue. When I want to find some, lets say, nature background noise for my builds, here is what happens…

Out of 30 audios on this screenshot at least 23 were Roblox’s audios.
[This is only half of the page, there is a lot of more, not only on the first page.]

So, what exactly is wrong with those audios? Well they are repetitive and there are soo many of those roblox audios, making it impossible for me to find what I actually want, there is no filter to filter those audios and most of the times, the thing that I search for is an sound effect or background noise, with an general name, and in this situation, I wanted nature background noise, so roblox shows me these audios, most of them aren’t even background noises and sound effects, most of them are actually some songs, making it pretty hard for me to search through the library, the solution to this could be an separate filter that filters these audios that roblox published, and only shows community audios, since the community often posts free sound effects, background noises, music, etc…

One time, I was looking for an specific sound effect that had an general name, lets say for an example the name was: “Damaged” And of course, I couldn’t find it over a ton of roblox published non-copyrighted music. Really didn’t want to look over a thousand of pages just to find one sound effect.

Or maybe add an separate audio genres, lets say, like “Sound Effect” and “Background noise” or “Background music”, something along those lines that makes finding specific audios easier.

[General Roblox library page, virus models, mass botting, etc...]

• Main problem; Mass botting, not enough control over infected models, …
(This section is was already being talked about a lot, most of the people already know of this, so If you want, read it to see my take on it..)

Uh oh, well here we go, the model library of roblox, lets start off with the front page, we all know, that the front page is full of models with viruses, and some serious action need to be taken against this…

Here is the model library front page, instead of good builds, cool and helpful models, models that will inspire other people onto doing something bigger and making an good game, there are these models filled with viruses and exploiter backdoors, here is the biggest problem of it all, botting, which everyday gets worse and worse on roblox…
(Actually when I first started playing around with roblox studio, I was highly inspired by the free models and other user generated content on the library, nowadays its even a bigger mess than it was back then…)

You cannot tell me that in a day, there were almost 4 million sales, the person who made the model must be really famous, or is he… botting… :shock: And lets be real, looking by it, someone has almost 4 million, probably compromised and throwaway accounts, and is botting their stuff with it.

(The model is also filled in with a backdoor if I remember exactly. Most likely its the backdoor that allows people to bypass the FE system without them even injecting any exploit software and lets them do some questionable things if they are up to it. These backdoors as I heard, have a whitelist, and people are selling access to that whitelist, its just another reason for roblox to do something about this.)

My suggestion, even if it is a simple one and everybody heard it at least a thousand of times, is to add captcha on this, yeah… It is a boring thing, for some people the captcha is hard, but if roblox wants to make the library at least a bit more peaceful, this is one of the things that could stop this, because it is the sales that boost the infected models to the top. This is an example of what it should be like, now, I know it looks like it came straight from an roblox scam site, or a clickbait thumbnail, but this is what I personally think what it should be like.

It is actually coming to a point, where games with a decent amount of players, are getting these backdoors in their games, potentially exposing players, to… Well, questionable things, as I said, if the person exploiting is up to it…

I know all this can be easily avoided, but for a new developer, thats just testing out their roblox studio, doesn’t know any better.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because it will be easier for me and potentially also for a lot of other developers, to find resources for games, and if the second thing takes place, It will probably get rid of some infected and botted models… Which means, less laggy games, and less games with an backdoor access, that are constantly being exploited…

17 Likes