Problems to import FBX model

Hey guys, hope you are doing well.
Our 3D team reported a problem when importing a FBX in Roblox Studio, and we couldn’t diagnose the exact problem and how to fix.

This is the full report:

When importing this lion head fbx from blender it loses the reference to the material and the import either fails or succeeds depending on which tool inside Roblox I use.

If I follow the “Plugins → Avatar Importer” procedure, I can import the fbx but the material is compromised (images 1 and 2)

Furthermore, other members of the team experience this: the model not only has the material compromise but it’s also upside down

image3

Otherwise, if I follow the “Avatar → Import 3D” or even “Home-> Import 3D” procedures, the mesh is invisible (both into the preview and once imported) and I get the following console error: exception while signaling: invalid unordered_map<K, T> key

This also happens with other headwears we are developing like this hippo and corintians helmets.

A private message is associated with this bug report

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

2 Likes

Hey sorry I’m way late, hopefully this issue is resolved on your end, I just tried it with the latest version of studio and it seems to work (we shipped a lot of fixed in the last few months).

Please let me know if you are still having this issue. Again apologies for the delay :frowning: