Problems with a tool idle animation

Hello everyone, I made a tool animation, but it is really bugged.
This video shows how you can do gigant jumps in first person:
https://gyazo.com/f8b9107fcde698ba5cdcf279fd2aa347
The game:

Tool model:

Explorer:
Script:

local tool = script.Parent
local anim = script.Parent.IdleAnim
local holding
local character = game.Players.LocalPlayer.Character or game.Players.LocalPlayer.CharacterAdded:Wait()
local hey = character:WaitForChild("Humanoid"):LoadAnimation(anim)

tool.Equipped:Connect(function(mouse)
	holding = true
	print("Equipped")
	while wait(0.1) and holding == true do
		hey:Play()
	end
end)

tool.Unequipped:Connect(function()
	print("Unequipped")
	holding = false
	hey:Stop()
end)

Thanks in advance.

What is the problem? I don’t see any bugged animations, that is how it is supposed to hold the item. What would you like to achieve?

1 Like

When you walk with the tool equipped, walking gets really bugged and irregular.

I’m having the same issues with something I’m working on aswell, a way to reset the physics is to re equip the tool (obviously that’s not ideal). Try also setting every part on the tool to massless. If none of that works, re weld the parts together as it’s something wrong with the weld itself is my guess.

1 Like

Make sure CanCollide is off and Massless is true for all BaseParts in the tool, if it still happens try to set a collision group that doesn’t collide default and default and set all the descendants to it.

2 Likes

I have never used collision groups, do you know any good tutorial which can help me with that?

Create a collision group via the editor in the model tabs, make a new group and set it not to collide anything.

And setting the tool’s descendant to the group:
https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/function/PhysicsService/SetPartCollisionGroup

1 Like

Even though I checked 2 or 3 times if everything was massless and cancollide false, after checking a fourth time i saw one of the parts was not massless. Made it massless and now there are no problems with walking while having the weapon equipped. Anyway, thanks a lot for the collision group suggestion and the explanation. That will really help me in the future.

1 Like