Problems with cubic startercharacter

So i made a cube characer, but it has a few problems.

t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶ ̶i̶s̶:̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶l̶k̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶s̶l̶o̶p̶e̶s̶.̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶f̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶.̶ ̶A̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶s̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶f̶i̶x̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶?̶ @Y_VRN gave me the answer

I̶’̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶a̶s̶h̶ ̶f̶u̶n̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶i̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶d̶a̶s̶h̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶u̶c̶h̶e̶s̶̶ t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶o̶i̶n̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶a̶l̶l̶s̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶r̶a̶g̶d̶o̶l̶l̶s̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶f̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶.̶ – i fixed this

Also when falling down you bounce up again, anyone knows how to fix that?

1 Like

You might be able to fix this slope issue by adjusting the HipHeight of the Humanoid.

But then the character is flying. It doesn’t look good. And it only works if i put it at 2 studs,but the character is 4x4x4 studs, so that doesn’t work eigther.

HipHeight can be adjusted to any number.

If you still insist, do you really need the collisions of the character? If not, disable its collisions.

What do you mean with this? I don’t understand what you mean.

If you don’t need all your character’s parts to be colliding with other obstacles, you can set their CanCollide to false.

But my character only exsist of a single part. So… and its 4x4x4 studs.

You should still be fine with no character collisions as long as you have a HumanoidRootPart. And, as long as your part’s CanTouch is true, you can detect touch events.

Uhh, i don’t really understand what you mean.what do you mean with your part’s? could you instead make a list of parts that i should use and how they look.

Your character should have a HumanoidRootPart and the 4x4x4 part you made. Weld them. Set the character model’s PrimaryPart to the HumanoidRootPart.

The 4x4x4 part’s CanCollide must be false. Its Humanoid should have a HipHeight of half of your part’s size on the Y axis (or in other words, half of its height).

Ah, now i understand, i’ll try it out right now

Thanks, it sort of works (when the player is on slope, it slowly goes down, but thats not a big problem)

i stil need a way for the character not to get flinged.

The character also bounces every time it falls onto a part, making it almost imposible to jump twice after eachother.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.