Problems with importing meshes from OBJ file to Roblox studio

Hello I am a programmer, and I am trying to learn about importing meshes because I’ve started learning how to use Blender. I tried to import a car(that I didn’t make) to Roblox studio. And I’ve been importing only one mesh part (not whole vehicle) and some parts are not fully loading.This is how rims of the car looks like in studio: Screenshot by Lightshot , and this is how it looks like in Blender: Screenshot by Lightshot . Thank you in advance.
Fliper05YT

1 Like

Try inverting the vertices, that might sort out your issue.

1 Like

I am really new to modeling, so if you can explain to me or send me some tutorial about How do I invert verticles. Thank you for your response.

If a part looks darker than others, that means you need to flip it around. You need to be in face selection mode for it to work.

I uninstalled my 2.7 version and moved onto 2.8 so I can’t help you much, however I dd find some links which will help you out.

https://www.blender.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14241

1 Like

My problem is pretty much that some part from the mesh disappears after the import. I don’t think that it’s the problem with Blender, but thank you for your answer. I’ll look at it.

This is Inverted Faces like @Legoracer and @anxyeity said.

Press TAB and press 3 on your keyboard, putting you in Face Select mode.

Then press Face Orientation On this area.
06 PM

Red is bad, Blue is good. Anything that is red, select it and Press Shift N, or

If this doesn’t work, go under the properties and press Inside.
58 PM
Hope this helped!

6 Likes

Thank you for your response, I’ve tried upgrading my Blender, and when I did that and imported my OBJ file to Blender, then my car model is a one piece, and it’s not made from multiple mesh parts (as it was in the version 2.7) Do you know any other solutions? Thank you for your help. :grinning:

That is because an OBJ file forces it in one solid object. Instead, Open your .blend file.

When I downloaded the car, it wasn’t even made in Blender (it was made in Sketchup I guess). I am sorry that I didn’t say it before, I just didn’t think that it was important to say it. I really appreciate your help.

You will have to cut the object in blender and then create the faces by pressing F when you see an empty part.

Thank you for your help, I guess that I’ll have to learn more about Blender, and then I’ll try to fix issues with imports. Thank you for your time and have a great day! Sincerely Fliper05YT