Problems with importing meshes into ROBLOX Studio

Hello Devforum,

Recently, I was trying to import some normal meshes into a ROBLOX Studio test game and when the models are imported I get blocky and it seems a distorted model for some reason:

This is the original model in Blender:

I have tried troubleshooting this by trying .fbx instead of .obj, which I usually use.
That didn’t work so I tried restarting the studio and going back into the game, didn’t work.
I tried pasting the same model into a different model tab and then separating it into 2 separate meshes to create one seamless-looking mesh to further export, that didn’t work also.
I then went to create another test game and it still imported weirdly.
I tried different meshes that worked perfectly fine beforehand, it didn’t work.

I have been trying for a few hours now and nothing is work, if you have had this issue at all or know how to fix it, please let me know for me to gain more knowledge of this bug/issue.

Regards,
splxhy

1 Like

If it is a problem with Roblox Studio, meshs that were working before and aren’t anymore, maybe try reinstalling Studio/checking that you’re up to date?

It’s weird that your old meshs aren’t working now, if it weren’t for that I’d figure you’ve just exceeded Roblox’s mesh limitations.

2 Likes

Are you sure that you’ve tried setting the render fidelity to precise?

Hey guys,

I was on vacation on short notice by my parents.
I haven’t checked DevForum in a few days due to this.
However, for some reason, everything is back to normal.
Meshes are importing perfectly fine, and all things regarding meshes are working smoothly.
And yes, the mesh’s render fidelity settings were precise. Even so at the render fidelity setting didn’t change anything.

To me this is a mystery, but I can still say indefinitely that works, for the time being, thanks to all people that put forwards efforts to solve this case.

Regards,
splxhy