Problems with my game

I want you to try and break my game. Tell me how you did it, so I can fix it. Here it is:
https://www.roblox.com/games/3577113129/The-Gauntlet-Fixed-and-Custom-Spawns?refPageId=810097b7-b7f9-49e5-8a0d-77c5d4705204

1 Like

I don’t think it’s really possible to “break” a game like this, but I did notice that the jump in the screenshot is unusually difficult compared to everything else in the obby, I would consider making that a little easier.

1 Like

Ok, thank you for your feedback! Do you have anything to improve for the game overall. (Im working on fixing the teleporters)

Well, at the moment your game seems to be just a bunch of random, unrelated obstacles. A way to make it better would be to try to stick to a theme, whether it be a colour scheme or a building style.

1 Like

Yeah, I was thinking it was messy.

What would you suggest for the theme?

Maybe medieval? I think that works well with your title and thumbnail.

Yeah, good Idea. Thank you. If I continue with this, I l’ll credit you.

Although I was unable to break your game, I came upon a hefty load of feedback to give.

Name
The name of this obby, as you can easily tell, is The Gauntlet.

But as I played, I realized that the game has nothing to do with sword fighting, or arenas, or anything at all that resembles what you think of when you think of a gauntlet.

I recommend changing the name to ‘Space obby’ or something of the sort because that would fit it better.

Skybox
The skybox in the game is pretty nice, but again, it doesn’t fit with anything else.
I also realized that in fact, the image used for the skybox in itself is low quality and pixelated, as seen in the image below.

Again, I recommend changing it.

If you do want to continue with the space/nighttime theme, you can change the Time of day by going under the properties of Lighting in Roblox studio, and changing ClockTime to whatever looks right to you.

I found that changing the time to 0 is the darkest you can get it, and looks very much like you are in space, as seen below:

Popups
I realized the second I spawned into your game that you used a lot of items from the toolbox.

I advise against this because:
(1) Using items from the toolbox can result in accidentally putting malicious scripts into your game

and

(2) Because whoever plays your game will get a lot of popups.

During the 10-20 minutes I played your game, I got 3 popups asking if I wished to buy a jump-pad.

Screenshots

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 11.30.03 AM Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 11.41.39 AM

Decals
Similar to the thing above, you used a lot of decals, yet you didn’t turn any of them into textures.
Just because there a chance you don’t know how, click here.
But because a lot of your decals were stretched out or had some problems, you have some stages like this:

Other
I didn’t know where else to put this, but I was able to break the game a bit:

On the Minecraft stage, if you fall on the spawn underneath and then die, you spawn at the beginning.

Conclusion
Other than that, this is a really great start, and every great developer has a horrible obby at the beginning.
Hope this helped ツ

1 Like

I forgot to add this in the first post, but
Teleports
Every teleport, I found, had a different style. Some of them where the classic teleporting block, but then there where others with big detail and such.
I recommend just picking a style, and changing every teleport to that style

Thank you. I have a plan of fully redesigning my game for a medival theme, switching out the free models, and making some gameplay fixes. Thanks for the helpful feedback.

I actually didn’t notice some of the bugs you saw. Thank you.

How do I make it not look like a free model game?

1. Not use free models
  2. Get free models that are either made by Roblox or that are all the same building style
1 Like