Problems with weld constraints- well, constraining my ability to make a vehicle

Screen Shot 2022-08-06 at 8.57.49 PM
I’m making a swivel chair that I plan to have the player be able to turn around in and drive as if it were like a car or something.

The parts highlighted in blue (which I will call “motors”) go above the wheels and are coded to help the wheels turn, without restricting the degree at which they can turn. The motors and the legs of the chair are noncancollidable.

However, I still need the motors to turn completely independently while also still being attached to the chair. If I use a WeldConstraint, I’m pretty sure some problems would arise, because things welded to something that moves or turns move with the object if i’m not mistaken. How would I go about still attaching the motors to the chair and allowing them to move independently? And also, if you see anything wrong with my build, please, PLEASE tell me what i’m doing wrong and what i should do to make this work. I haven’t built a vehicle since Surface hinges made everyone’s lives easier so I have no idea what I’m doing really.

2 Likes

You attach the motor to the leg with a weld constraint and you attach the wheel to the motor using a hinge constraint.

You might have already done this but i cant tell from the names you gave them.

You dont need the wheels to rotate in addition to them also swivel with the motor right?

You’re going to need a part for turning that also motorizes the wheel. HingeConstraints have 2 attachments, so you can place them like a weld.