Procedural Generation

Hi,

I am working on this procedural generation for about 20 hours. Should I make a survival game? what do you think?

Here is the game: Map - Roblox

11 Likes

That’s actually amazing! It just needs to be scaled up a little bit and boom! You already made a map for a survival game!

#minekref

1 Like

@PhoenixRessusection, Ye I could scale it up a bit and add some mechanics like building and a night system where monsters would appear and maybe a hunger and health system.

:slight_smile:

Looks pretty cool, seems like there’s even some probability factors depending on where the squares are. I definitely think seeing a procedurally generated survival game on Roblox would be cool, but what I would recommend in order to save progress is to allow players to go into the server they were in before (If it doesn’t exist any more you could open a new server with the old data) and allow for private servers.

Also, I’m guessing the map is just generated when the server is created.

1 Like

That’s really cool!
As Phoenix said, it needs to be scaled up, and then you got yourself a decent map!

But I feel like that if some of the textures were different, that would improve the overall look of the thing.

Also a survival game sounds neat!

minceraft

1 Like

Making a game like Minecraft or MUCK would be cool, Right now I am making a script to scale it up.

needs to be scaled up, and fix the fact that there are beaches wayyy far inland and random patches of grass on beach and get better models and make it more 3d with hills and choose better materials

1 Like

Great idea! Let me know when you finish it. I’d love to play it!

1 Like

I changed it, now the map is way bigger :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I made it open source if you’re interested in creating a survival/horror game.

2 Likes

I wanted to edit your map and make it a horror game, but for some reason when I opened it, there was nothing in there beside some scripts and empty folders.

The map is created by the scripts. If you’re going to create a horror game do you want the horror game terrain to be random? If not then it’s better to create the map by hand.

1 Like

maybe im not cut out for pixel art :sweat_smile:

It doesn’t look that bad. The sand just needs to be lighter. And you could change some settings in the game.Lighting to make the atmosphere more nice-looking.

You’re right, I think I’m going to make one on my own.