So, 2 days ago I started my project of Procedural Planets on Roblox. The first result was a very blocky planet - voxel styled. (Which don’t looked very cool.)
Then… @XBLAX Came and helped me porting it to use Triangles! (WedgeParts).
Which resulted on this:
A lot better right?! After applying a subdivision algorithm (Which XBLAX also helped me with.) I ended up with this:
Amazing. But not as amazing as my final result. After a long time trying to get Noise work I ended up with this:
Eh… Not very cool. Then I came with a big brain idea. Use @Diegnified’s PerlinNoise module. Which resulted on this:
A lot better. After a lot of time polishing it up I ended up with this.
Day 4 Final Result:
Amazing! I have a lot more images but, I don’t wan’t spam this with tons of images lol. The final result has: Atmosphere, Better noise implementation, Size of
1000 Studs. The fun part here is that the Size is not that expensive, but the Resolution of the sphere is. (Using 4 at moment).
Special thanks to: @XBLAX For helping me with this, without him it woulden’t be possible, @Diegnified Awesome perlin noise module, Hidden Developers community for helping me out and to all my friends that helped me! Without them this woulden’t be possible.
File: Universe.rbxl (34,0,KB)