Procedural Vehicle Building Game Preview

I’ve been working on this cooperative vehicle building game mostly as something to test ProtoFabriz on, but I think now It’s in a state where people might want to take a look at it for its own sake. I’m pretty happy with how the terrain looks and it provides a nice contrast to the common unit-voxel style of terrain that most people are used to.

My long term plan is to create a non combat-focused vehicle building game filled with different design challenges and exploration opportunities. My dream is to take the concepts of early puzzle-focused vehicle builders like BK Nuts & Bolts and apply a distinctly Roblox-y open world feel, something games like Lumber Tycoon 2 represented the beginning of. I am also including elements of procedural but highly curated exploration, similar to modern roguelikes such as Noita.

3 Likes

Pretty cool tech demo, the terrain is very nice and I enjoy the mix of colours. The building system is very nice, but the ui needs some work (which im sure your aware of). The vehicles feel really good as well and are fun to mess around with although it probably takes a while to understand everything you can do with them maybe a help for each item would be good to make it easier for players to understand where things go.

I think the terrain could have some things added to it though such as rocks, trees, etc. things that make the terrain feel less like an endless plane and more alive. There was also that bug where you cant delete some items such as the concrete block.

It will be interesting to see where you take this in the future but I could imagine things like having logging vehicles where you attach large arms and saws and mining vehicles etc. Building these advanced machines would be really cool. All in all, a good preview.

1 Like

I think this game has potential. However, I think air and water vehicles would also be suiting for something like this.