ProfileService and random values

I am trying to make my data template for ProfileService have randomised values in it (random character appearance on first join etc), but the issue is that the math.random and Random:NextNumber functions only run once in the server. This causes each new player in the server to have the same values, when they are supposed to be random for each player. My original solution to this was to store the template in a module, and call a function that re-generates it every time a player joins. This does not work with ProfileService as from my knowledge there is no way to update a template after it has been defined. Any help would be appreciated as right now I am stuck on this.

Update: I have received help from loleris on this. See the post solving it here.

Hey, I also got a problem for some reason the data is being shared with every person on the server any help?

couldn’t you do

math.randomseed()
Random.new():NextNumber()
or
Random.new(math.randomseed()):NextNumber()

Because they run off seeds to get numbers, if the seed is the same it returns the same value (Im pretty sure default seed is always 0 unless changed)

1 Like

Tried also creating unique codes for the math.randomseed but it still has the same values as others, data is still being shared …