Program vehicles without the roblox VehicleSeat

Hello developers !!!
I need help:

1. What do you want to achieve? I want to make my own vehicles, without starting from the VehicleSeat.

2. What is the issue? The problem is that there is no place that teaches how to do it or teaches the necessary logic, at least that I saw.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? In addition to researching forums and others, I took a car from the toolbox to see the scripts it uses, but although I know what each thing is, I do not understand the logic and therefore, I would not know how to use those scripts in my vehicles

If someone can pass me a script with their logic or a tutorial that they find and I cannot, it is appreciated.
Thanks!!!

1 Like

This may help you understand the code

Remember I don’t want to use the VehicleSeat, just code.

You want to control the car without sitting on the seat

No, lo que quiero es controlar el coche estando yo dentro pero sin usar VehicleSeat, solo el script.

I am sorry I do not know what you want the translation is not clear if you have a picture or video clip explaining the idea

Is it like you want the player to spawn in the car? like be the car?

You can use a regular seat to do this, but you would have to use UserInputService.
And you would have to understand with a regular seat you won’t have the useful properties.

Why don’t you want to use a VehicleSeat? It gives you the proper inputs with the WASD or arrow controls. Please tell us why you want to do this so we can understand the issue you are having.

If you want to add features you can use the UserInputService as @MixedConscience stated.

1 Like

for example, get closer to the car, hold the E and then can drive, just like jailbreak, but without using the VehicleSeats, I’m looking for a way to get a better result without this object.

I wish not to use it because it is difficult to handle, I spent a long time configuring it but I did not get what I wanted.

ProximityPrompt should help, have you tried that?

Everytime I use a proximity prompt, I have no problem.

Try using, HumanoidRootPart.CFrame = game.Workspace.Part + Vector3.new(0,0.5,0)

Why don’t you try locking the player’s CFrame to a part in the car and position the part to the car’s driver
area,

If you wan’t to make the player the car I don’t think I know how, but another way is making the player’s body transparent in the car or hid them somewhere in the car.

My problem is driving, it’s not riding it, that’s easy!

1 Like