Progress on trance music experiments

I’ve decided to try out something in the genre of trance music:

https://soundcloud.com/kitarepo/anticipation/s-xB2mpfzykXv

This is an old version since last week’s Friday at the time of this topic. Any feedback is acceptable, as long it’s constructive enough for suggestions.

Update 1: The track has been changed dramatically, additional transitions are added.

18 Likes

Nice! Maybe filter out the low end of the reverb on some instruments, it can get a little bit muddy at times.

1 Like

Working hard on controlling the reverb and properly adjusting the mixes. Although “low end” is quite ambiguous, could you elaborate that?

3 Likes

At times around 0:40 onward, there is a lot of reverb in the bass-mid section, especially when changing from chord to chord.

2 Likes

I guess I will tune down the bus responsible for the reverb or alternatively, change the EQ on it so I would cut the reverb below around 500Hz.

An update will be posted. Be aware of the pencil icon above and then a new version will replace the old one.

3 Likes

Very nice, are you taking commissions? The way this music feels for me is amazing, I’m not a music composer so, I’m not sure if anything needs fixing it sounds great.

@Operatik

2 Likes

Indeed I do, depends on when I work with it though. :slight_smile:

On the Discord server for members in other servers channel, there should be my personal server that holds the commission sheet.

3 Likes

Alright, thanks i’ll check it out! Great work I could never.

1 Like

I like it a lot, what’s the game about that this music will be in? Seems really good I like it a lot!

1 Like

Sounds great and relaxing, keep up with the good work.

I intend it to be listened to rather than placing it in a game, although it would be considered to give the asset to any game I find interest in.

3 Likes

Oh I understand, that’s really good though. Find it well structured. Good job!

I love techno, trance, house, and EDM! Good job. (I never have created music and don’t know proper terminology, so i will give feedback as best as I can) I recommend some more strings/sounds, because the beat is good but overall too repetitive and consistent. Maybe half way through elevate to a more bass, and at the end add that psy effect, if you know what I mean, just to end the song. Your talented to be able to create music! I tried once and totally failed! good job, and keep going strong! :muscle:t2:

Try adding an LFO tool. I think that would change a lot of things. Armin Van Buuren uses it and it makes a huge difference.

1 Like