Original Project That Required CoreScripts

Ported Version

Current Working

• Chat
  • Playerlist
  • Send Friend Request Feature

Demo?

13 Likes

Can you hide the roblox UI at the topbar?

1 Like

That is the only element developers can’t hide it’s always above screen gui and has no hide/disable feature. I really wish there was a way to bind it’s function to a button but I’m guessing it’s this way to make security easier.

3 Likes

It’s a bit similar to the UI I remember whenever I first joined in 2018.

1 Like

The 2016 chat bar was actually solid white. I know this because I’m speaking from experience, because I joined in 2016.
(This is actually a transparency matter, the color of the chat bar is already white, but its BackgroundTransparency just needs to be changed from .6 to 0)

1 Like

iirc the 2016 Chatbar’s Transparency changed depending on whether or not you were typing in it:

(Not typing)

(Typing)

Although in late 2016 (Around December), the transparency thing was fixed and it stayed the same when you started typing:

But this was a while ago so I don’t remember if these were only problems/changes in certain games

2 Likes

You can hide it but it seriously cripples the default camera scripts and stuff, i know this because I was working on a terraria clone last year and used it there along with also making a custom topbar once. It got patched but the new beta topbar unpatches it

Thats when ROBLOX switched from corescript chat to lua chat iirc, newest version of the single-script chat has the solid color chatbar

1 Like

Thats actually really cool but also shouldnt be possible, I hope they never fix it ngl. Maybe one day we will see some cool stuff utilizing it.

1 Like

I nearly released one of the things I made with it before remembering the original got patched for a reason

3 Likes

not sure if you noticed, but the model on Roblox is offsale

Might wanna fix that

3 Likes

i changed it to public is should work now

1 Like

Actually it was more of a blueish-grey from what I can tell.

1 Like

What happened to Finobe? Maybe somebody could find out there.

2 Likes

Long since has been shut down. I from what I heard, the owner didn’t like the community. So they shut it down.

2 Likes

I was already preparing my response. This is it: “I’m not even surprised. I expected it to be gone by now.”

2 Likes

The source is still available if you know where to look. Then again, you can probably find a 2016 studio and test from there.

Man this brings me back to the first time i played roblox on mu ipad, it was chaos washers and it had this old gui. Cool resource.

oh?
i thought roblox DMCA’d them.
guess i was wrong.

Could be that as well. My theory is that the owner just used dmca as an excuse to shut it down. Not super duper sure.

Possibly, that could be the case.