Project: Alien Terra | What are your opinions?/Suggestions?

Any opinions of this build?

12 Likes

The terrain looks incredible, however I would change the sky color. I just wouldn’t think of sky blue in an Alien Terra. Maybe try a bit of purple or whatever color scheme you’re trying to achieve. Great Job!

3 Likes

That sounds like an amazing idea, adding a little bit of purple should do the trick.

1 Like

Personally i think the place is kinda lacking in some other visual aspects, right now it looks like its just relatively flat terrain with some purple trees and glowing mushrooms.

Some things you could try could probably do are:

• More Specific/Stylized Atmosphere to fit with the entire purple and alien theme
  • More Alien vegetation overall
  • More diverse terrain overall
  • More larger/expanded map (this might be already obvious tho)
  • Maybe some alien wild life too but this kinda depends if your game would really have any or not.
2 Likes

Looks like I need to re-teach myself blender again hahaha… I also had ran into issues where I have optimization issues, lag issues.

Currently, I can do the following:

• Stylized atmosphere
1 Like

Technically you could get higher overall performance with the following methods:

• Set every the RenderFidelity of every mesh to “Performance” (Note that in Roblox Studio, the meshes will always appear as their lowest quality version. This will not be the case in an actual game server). This should help with performance overall while being decently reliable in-game.
  • Set your Model’s LevelOfDetail to StreamingMesh. This can help however personally i would not be using this on objects that are supposed to be large and/or easily seen.
  • You could try using StreamingEnabled! Tho again, i would not rely on StreamingEnabled that much personally.
1 Like

I’ll try these settings out.

In the meantime, I have had trouble replacing the skybox, since, it acts weird when I change the sky out.

So I decided to change the tint to light pink.
Note: Lag issue was fixed when I did what you said.

2 Likes

It’s not much, but I’m adding a new variation of mushrooms, perhaps I can be innovative with it.

Updates, added more interesting things…I hope.

1 Like

Update: Improvements to terrain texture

1 Like

You’ve definitely done a great job with the trees and lighting, but it feels like it might be missing a few things…

Apart from the oddly-colored vegetation and bioluminescent mushrooms, nothing else really feels like an “Alien Terra.” As I stare out into the distance of the terrain, I don’t see anything, no buildings, no hills (large hills, not small, bumpy ones), no abnormal rock formations, no asteroids, no diversity in plants, no ecosystem, no water, no liquids, and so on. I know that was a lot, but bear with me. Basically any ecosystem I’ve seen in my lifetime has diversity, whether they be biotic or abiotic factors. Imagine how awe-inspiring it would be to see some concerningly huge trees or pillars in the distance. The same goes for animals and plants, I don’t see any consumers, secondary consumers, apex predators, decomposers, etc.

What you want to add to this is all up to you, but I suggest looking further into what makes an ecosystem other than just trees and mushrooms.

It truly does look great even as it is though!
:wink:

1 Like

My reasoning behind the mushrooms is to ensure the ground doesn’t look so…Bland. However, the fact I should add water to the place is a valid criticism because I can imagine it looking more beautiful that way.

• I guess there can be ways to incorperate hills in the distance. In this image for example:
    You can see hill formations that stick up a lot.
2 Likes