Project Droids V.3.2

PROJECT DROIDS

I highly recommend watching the video for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMeaUC1SHF8

But, if you don’t want to, here’s the model: https://create.roblox.com/marketplace/asset/15125997311/ProjectDroid-v28%3Fkeyword=&pageNumber=&pagePosition=

Project Droids serve as sophisticated autonomous entities specifically engineered to offer comprehensive assistance to player characters within the gaming realm. These advanced droids extend their support through various means, including healing players during moments of low health, providing engaging entertainment, and facilitating interactive experiences with multiple players.

Project Droids boast full customizability, offering users the flexibility to tailor their functionalities according to individual preferences. Additionally, a built-in set of instructions and debugging scripts ensures a seamless experience, providing reassurance in the rare event of any issues.

PlayTest Game

You can also test the NPC here to aid feedback support, and or suggestions for me: [V.3.2] Project Droids - Roblox

UPDATE V2.9

The bot now displays a new facial animation when low on health! This can be fully customizable as well.
image_2023-12-29_112800826

I also made the NPC chat messages have a longer cooldown to avoid rapid chats floating all over the place.

1/2/24: Tried to organize the Droid’s scripts by adding less, as suggested by @Tarazicon|

UPDATE V.3

V3.0 UPDATE: Added A new storage system for players to hold up to three tools or gears of their choice, also includes data-saving, meaning that the player’s saved gears will transfer across servers! Watch the showcase here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8FnhgA-24w

UPDATE 3.2
  • Removed the emotions proximity prompt that when pressed,
    it shows the player the Droid’s current emotions.
    image_2024-04-02_202113767

• Removed the name on hover script due to bugs that kept occurring.

• Added the “JumpOnPlayerJump” script, this script automaticlly
    makes the Droid perform a jump when a player does. This script
    can be found within the “AI” Folder.

• Renamed the “AutoJump” script to “AirState”.

• Added a animation that plays for the ‘Wait’ script, located do
    within the “Boredom” Folder. Watch it in action here

• Added a landing animation script for the Droid, this can be located within
    the “AI” Folder. Watch it in action here

• Added a new script named “PlayerFollowing”, this script indicates whenever
    the Droid can follow the player if the player types a certain text. Watch it in action here

• Added new dialogue to all chats.

• Reorganized the scripts with more details about them.

• New Model Thumbnail

GIVE ME SUGGESTIONS!

I’m open to support and feedback, and I credit those who suggest details!

Would you use this free advanced package one day?
  • Yes!
  • No!

0 voters

DROID SUPPORTERS

Want to be added on this list? Send me your unique Droid along with your username!

image_2024-04-02_210108735
pinkym1003’s unique animation Droid

17 Likes

in the end of the video, why there some eyes appearing??? :thinking:

7 Likes

Would you mind sharing the animations of the droid?

2 Likes

Who knows :eyes: i don’t know :eye: i totally did not put that there :eye_in_speech_bubble:

2 Likes

You can always like the video, subscribe, and get the model and get the animations :+1:

2 Likes

if I mind suggestion add few thing to Project Droids?

1. abilities to stop shoot or shoot at enemy by follow chat command
  2. abilities to stop follow or follow to player or admin by chat command
  3. tutorial for swap out model to different model
2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions Alyssa, but I have a question if you don’t mind. For the third suggestion you suggested, What do you mean by swapping out the model to a different model? Like put the NPCs scripts into your own NPC model? Please give me more information so I can maybe add these suggestions.

1 Like

Here’s a bit of advice; ORGANIZE YOUR SCRIPTS!!
There are like 10 scripts all just laid bare inside the character, if you merge most, it’ll cut it down to about 3 or even 4! Also, I suggest making the character modular for more optimizations.
Over-all, it’s cool!

2 Likes

Ah, thanks for the suggestions. I’ll make sure to do so now!

I have why

though This is actually an pretty cool attempt at making help npc’s

3 Likes

haha :sweat_smile: Thank you anyways for the support!